Rians Ke70

rian

Members dont see this ad

New clutch:

post-9612-0-22423100-1324113944_thumb.jpg

I also started to clean the T50, it was so filthy. I've done about half of it and I might do the other half tomorrow if I can be bothered.

post-9612-0-97713800-1324114107_thumb.jpg

I'll put the suspension back in the brown car(which my girlfriend has named "Mustard Butt" lol!) tomorrow so I can drive it back to my parents house in Byron soon, and then I can commence the engine swap.

I got a whole 200mm HD clutch kit, I thought it would come with the spigot bearing and alignment tool but I guess I have to buy those separately. Here's some shitty flics from my phone:

post-9612-0-84014300-1324176260_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-94837200-1324176281_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-09229000-1324176297_thumb.jpg

Still have no engine to put it on, though I searched on gumtree and found a fair few crashed AE92/3s for like $500, so when I have a bit more money I'll be buying something like that, rather than just buying the engine incomplete and then trying to chase up random parts for it.

Edited by rianwest

I think I may have found some 4A metal and rubber engine mounts and the T50 gearbox brackets. That's one less piece to the puzzle.

I've also decided that I'm going to try and document every amount of money I spend on this car whilst doing the 4AGE conversion, just so people will know how much it really costs to do the swap. I always see people making threads asking "how much is it going to cost to do a 4AGE conversion?" and someone replies with "$2000-$3000". I think in the end it will be much more considering that when someone does an engine upgrade they usually have to upgrade suspension and brakes as well, so I would consider these accompanying mods part of the conversion.

These are the rough costs for my conversion so far, I'm going to get a diary and write it all down properly:

KE70 - $1500

Unregistered vehicle permit - $75

T50 box, T50 mount, AE71 tailshaft, AE71 crossmember - $350

T18 pedal box, clutch hardline, clutch line bracket - $100

Heavy duty Exedy clutch kit - $190 (with a discount, usually about $250)

Cost of conversion so far - $715

That's all I have for the 4AGE swap at the moment, here are the suspension and brake costs so far:

AE86 struts with hubs and JDM rotors - $140

Coilover kit, steering arms, RCAs, camber plates, upper spring seat from T3 - $680

HEL braided brake lines - $135

Cost of suspension and brakes so far - $955

Total spent on car so far - $1670

And that's just an approx, the full build is going to be very expensive considering I haven't even started the conversion yet. I still have to get the engine, mounts, manifolds, loom + ECU, it needs to be wired, dampers, wheels, tyres, brake pads, engineering etc.

I hope it all works out in the end!

Edited by rianwest

Haha I know! I wanted to buy a KE that was that was already converted but every one I looked at was seriously rank or just a dodgey conversion. At least this way I get to do everything the way I want it and I'll probably learn a lot about cars and stuff as well.

What kind of ECU is it? Is it the Haltech?

I think I may have found some 4A metal and rubber engine mounts and the T50 gearbox brackets. That's one less piece to the puzzle.

I've also decided that I'm going to try and document every amount of money I spend on this car whilst doing the 4AGE conversion, just so people will know how much it really costs to do the swap. I always see people making threads asking "how much is it going to cost to do a 4AGE conversion?" and someone replies with "$2000-$3000". I think in the end it will be much more considering that when someone does an engine upgrade they usually have to upgrade suspension and brakes as well, so I would consider these accompanying mods part of the conversion.

These are the rough costs for my conversion so far, I'm going to get a diary and write it all down properly:

KE70 - $1500

Unregistered vehicle permit - $75

T50 box, T50 mount, AE71 tailshaft, AE71 crossmember - $350

T18 pedal box, clutch hardline, clutch line bracket - $100

Heavy duty Exedy clutch kit - $190 (with a discount, usually about $250)

Cost of conversion so far - $715

That's all I have for the 4AGE swap at the moment, here are the suspension and brake costs so far:

AE86 struts with hubs and JDM rotors - $140

Coilover kit, steering arms, RCAs, camber plates, upper spring seat from T3 - $680

HEL braided brake lines - $135

Cost of suspension and brakes so far - $955

Total spent on car so far - $1670

And that's just an approx, the full build is going to be very expensive considering I haven't even started the conversion yet. I still have to get the engine, mounts, manifolds, loom + ECU, it needs to be wired, dampers, wheels, tyres, brake pads, engineering etc.

I hope it all works out in the end!

Good luck with the swap! Hope it goes all your way. :)

Yea people don't understand how much a 4age in a corolla is then they do it run out of money and dodge shit happens.

Lol, yep.

Hence why I haven't started or worried about that as of yet. It's actually just as easy to do a non-toyota or some crazy-ass engine swap into a KE as it is a 4age.

It's just that the 4age has been done a million times, so the knowledge of common problems and conversions is there.