Aomc Japanese Classic Car Show

silverra23

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Any one got any thoughts on a meet point?I am thinking front carpark of Parkmore Shopping Centre, on Cheltenham Rd, Keysborough, 9am. McDonalds is across the road for those wanting a breakfast hit, and its easy enough to get to off the Eastlink, and about 5 mins to the venue.

I'll be there to meet in up in my '26.

the 26 is running and half presentable :) see you all there!

Be great to see another one out in force.

Well any day that is about Japanese cars is a good one! Today made me realise just how good our show was on grass so I hope we can do the same for Classic Japan 2012.

Thanks for all the Toyota people who came out and supported the show today. Were it not for us and the Datsun/Nissan people that would have been a very sad little show.

This MR2 won an award for best mid-engined car - and it was very nicely presented

IMG_0111.JPG

I loved the interior - is it factory?

IMG_0112.JPG

Andy's two new Toyota manfufactured rides looked tops together - car and bike!

IMG_0131.JPG

I love wagons

IMG_0174.JPG

I am with Parrot. This Corona is amazing! Bloke has owned it for 40 years, and lives 150m away from Mel's parents place!

IMG_0204.JPG

Engine Bay

IMG_0209.JPG

I loved all the bling on the Prince 6

IMG_0250.JPG

RB26 in what we know as a 240K. Mmmmmmm!

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

A couple of realllllly nice 240Z's too...this is just one

IMG_0318.JPG

Loved how clean this 180B was

IMG_0331.JPG

Cool Datsun ute, spewing I didn't get my brother's Tiara sorted to give it some competition!

IMG_0345.JPG

This Roadster had been finished off beautifully

IMG_0348.JPG

Look like Mx5 seats to me

IMG_0350.JPG

Paint job on this Galant was awesome! Shame it was the sole Mitsubishi representative

IMG_0360.JPG

The sole Honda representative was also awesome!

IMG_0379.JPG

And it is a shame this wasn't off the flatbed...

IMG_0388.JPG

There were some cool rotaries there but they left before I got to photography them.

Shame not many other makes besides Toyota, Datsun/Nissan and the Mightyboys really supported this. Hopefully we can get them out of the wordwork later in the year.

Rest of my pics are here

https://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws1974/AOMCJapaneseCarShow2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKzC9ab6w9mzQQ&feat=directlink

That Corona GT was stunning. Also curious about the TA22 GT with the injected 2TG. The compliance plate was in English rather than japanese. Was this an evaluation car?

Also discovered there is another original KE15 out there being restored by a keen husband & wife team. Did anyone get their contact details? I wandered off to be dazzled by the Prince's and lost them.

Loved the Prince Skyline being towed around by the Prince Gloria. It really was a great turnout by the Prince group.

Shame the hakosuka skyline didn't make it off the flatbed.

I think the Classic Japan show was far superior, but anything that draws these cars out is worth supporting.