The Dirty Datto 1600

kickn5k

9L/100 not bad at all.

My factory s15 with an exhaust would get around 8-9 around town with occasional enthusiastic driving.

Heres a question. How do you find the sprint 500 haltech? Given it ia their entry level ecu. I javent done much research into them but you find it alright? Have you mamaged to find its limitations?

Members dont see this ad

yeah, that's why they dance on undulating gravel roads.. but the traction coming out of a corner is way ahead of a live rear axle.

Do you get understeer? I used to cut the top seat off the front roll bar uprights & put a couple of valve springs in there. It lets it roll a little iinitially to get turned in, then the springs take up and hold it as flat as usual.

How's the Alfa de-dion plan going?? I've been thinking about it for the rally car, it gets more weight to the rear with an Alfetta rear gearbox.

...and for 1L/100km more you're getting over three times the power of a 4AGE !

This is front end I've used for the conversion http://www.datsport.com/Complete_conversion_kit.html

Totally fixed all the bump steer and wandering issues the 240k strut convo gives. I have the adjustable mount kit for the rear now and will be fitting that over the hols that should fix the rear. You are definitely right though, traction even with the new found power is still really good.

The de-dion rear end has been done on an SR20de car and reports were great, that was until a switch to a standard Det engine saw strength being there downfall. We have since decided to stay with same semi trailing setup with a change to adjustable mounts on the cross member.

I am really happy with the economy, especially for it being on E85. It does help having an ecu with wideband 02 control and a tuner that is still interested in tuning for power and economy.

9L/100 not bad at all.

My factory s15 with an exhaust would get around 8-9 around town with occasional enthusiastic driving.

Heres a question. How do you find the sprint 500 haltech? Given it ia their entry level ecu. I javent done much research into them but you find it alright? Have you mamaged to find its limitations?

The sprint 500 has been fantastic, my tuner loves the haltech stuff so there hasn't been issues with tuning. I haven't gotten around to using a few of the functions like auxiliary rev limit, sequential ignition(i am running it on fuel though) and two digital power outputs arent being used atm(idle up BAC uses one of these if i had one). The only changes I'd make would be a much larger inbuilt MAP sensor and ability to use an idle stepper motor instead of a 2 wire BAC.

But for what it costs nothing comes close in the entry-level stuff.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, altezzaclub said:

You bought a helicopter with the money yet??  maybe a farm?

Haha not likely, ended up getting $24.5k for it, went to a panel beater/painter about 15min up the road(still get visitation rights). 

Pretty good deal considering it made 272rwkw last week on the hub dyno next to work(only ever made 250rwkw on rollers because of traction problems)