The Dirty Datto 1600

kickn5k

Members dont see this ad

gaskets are made to be used dry! Haha

Hehe I know. But it had a massive oil leak at the timing cover when I bought the motor so i wasn't taking any chances. Specially when it's dads car and he works arvo shift, not interested in having to rescue him at 11:30 at night.

Got to sort out why it seems to run rich, and also sort out idle control. Have to also fix the brakes they don't seem right might have a couple of dodgy calipers. Nearly there though.

Stu.

Just because everyone seems to like photos! :dance:

Feeding the adiction!

post-2201-0-56761700-1323775769_thumb.jpg

Lovin` the braid!

post-2201-0-93245800-1323775822_thumb.jpg

Test fit for grille which should fit with minimal grinding and a 5mm space.

post-2201-0-80027600-1323775875_thumb.jpg

post-2201-0-13302900-1323776012_thumb.jpg

I will be painting it black the colour of the car stands out enough.

Coilovers in for neg 1.5 cambur and pos 3deg caster. Which eveyone tells me transforms a 1600.

post-2201-0-11068200-1323775915_thumb.jpg

Have more but you can wait!

Oh Teddy this isn`t the only car that you have to check out over a cider. A neighbour of mine wants to show you he`s "correct induction" commo V8. :wink: :yes:

Stu.

Edited by kickn5k
  • Upvote 1

quality 510 mate,ha don't throw the L16 out. the fastest 510 on the track at the last datnats was l18 powered:]

Cheers man!!! It's taken long enough.

It may be time to let the cat out if the bag so to speak.

The L16 may be parted out(conrods and head) for another 510 dads looking at. It's a 510 but not a 1600. He's looking to import a 510 1800sss. And with the price they get I couldn't justify putting anything but an "L" series in it.

Did you go to datnats or should I say Z nats this year?

What datto forum do you frequent?

Stu.

Just dropped the datto down to get dump pipe and the exhaust to be modded/connected.

Will then just need top cooler bracket, wheel alignment, AFM bracket and make stone tray/grill fit and I'm done!!!!

More pics soon!!!!!!!

Just to confirm it's not 7psi(i didn't look at the gauge first drive) it's 3.5-4psi because of the restrictive engineering exhaust. It still doses though.lol

Pulling it half apart today to fit and plumb the cold start/idle setup. Then I'll have a play with the idle bypass screw and see if I can't get it running a bit better. Tomorrow I'll try and get all the panels and grill etc fitted. Hopefully I can get it ready for engineer to look at it Wednesday.

Stu.

Hopefully I can get it ready for engineer to look at it Wednesday.

Well, the datto had it's first inspection on Thursday. He picked the things I left for him and a couple of extra minor things I didn't know/forgotten about. Needed lap sash seat belts for the rear not the lap belts it passed roadworthy with and a wiring neaten up which I had forgotten to do. And I left him wheel alignment, charcoal canister mount, So he'll have a check Wednesday and cert it, booked in At Vicroads Friday the 30th for engine number change and give them their copy of the VASS certificate(engineers).

So I'll definatlly be at Jan cc&d at skyhi!!!!!

Stu.

:yes:.:yes:.:yes:===:yes:.:yes: :yes:===:yes:===:yes:=======:yes:.:yes:====:yes::yes:===:yes:===:yes:===:yes::yes::yes:====:yes::yes::yes:==||===:yes::yes:===

=:yes:==========|:yes:=====||:yes:==||:yes:=|====:yes:=======:yes:==:yes:=|:yes:-:yes:-|:yes:==:yes:============|:yes:=====|==:yes:==||:yes:=

==:yes:=========|:yes:======:yes:==||:yes:=====:yes:=======:yes:==||:yes:||:yes:=|:yes:=:yes:==:yes:============:yes:=====|=|:yes:==||||:yes:=

===:yes:========|:yes:======:yes:==||:yes:=====:yes:======|:yes:====:yes::yes:=|:yes:==:yes:=:yes::yes::yes:=======:yes:=====|=:yes:==|==:yes:=

====:yes:=======|:yes:======:yes:==||:yes:=====|:yes:=======:yes:==:yes:=:yes:=|:yes:==:yes:=:yes:============|:yes:=====|==:yes:===:yes:==

====:yes:=======|:yes:======|:yes:==:yes:======|:yes:========:yes::yes:=:yes:=======:yes:=:yes:============:yes:=====|===:yes:|\=:yes:==

:yes::yes::yes:=====|:yes:========:yes::yes:========:yes::yes:=====|:yes:==|:yes:========:yes:|:yes::yes::yes:======:yes:=====||====:yes::yes:==

THE GOR !!