The Dirty Datto 1600

kickn5k

Members dont see this ad

Awesome car Stu, keen to see this in the flesh at CC&D!

Yeah man will be good to catch up again!

On the update front. It is now legal!!!! Vicroads copy of engineers has been handed in and engine number changed. We have a bit of starting issue now. I start it and it's fine then if I stop it and don't give it a minute or two it won't start. Oh well I have a haltech e6k sitting here I might slap in it, but if it's CAS or ignighter related it might still give trouble. That's playing with cars I spose.

Stu.

ʞ©$ɟ yea Stu! Congrats! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Cheers Ryan.:-)

Decided on fitting haltech as soon as I've got ignition parts and 12v(Fj's run 6v injectors with a resister in the wiring) injectors that will fit the STD rail. VL turbo ones maybe but I'm not sure if they'll be big enough though.

Stu.

• 7 months later...

Stu you bandit! I love these little things. I want more of this thread in my life haha

I love this thing, the more and more I drive it. It's no weapon by any means, it's just really fun! I'm really wanting to get the 3" done and a some boost(5psi isn't boost)

Edited by kickn5k

I love this thing, the more and more I drive it. It's no weapon by any means, it's just really fun! I'm really wanting to get the 3" done and a some boost(5psi isn't boost)

No it is not! haha. Addictive stuff that boost. Really gets me thinking...

• 11 months later...

Haha near year grave dig!! Totally forgot about this thread.

Thanks for the photo Subaru_kid. It's pretty fun considering we've done little with setup in the rear end.

Speaking of rear end, before I pulled the entire rear end out of it to mod for new exhaust(it goes through the rear crossmember) I checked and measured settings as the wheel moved through it's travel and geez if it doesn't change in all aspects! This will be rectified in the near future, we are considering a few options. We'll start with moving trailing

arm mount points, if that doesn't help we'll change it out for an Alfa "de-dion". Even with the crazy new front end, it's not the epic handling car everyone claims them to be.

should have it on the dyno in a few weeks. Just going to wind 10psi into it and check mixtures. I'll post some photos of what's been happening tomorrow.

• 3 years later...

This is still getting out and about.

Engine specs now:

SPS forged 9.5:1 pistons.

Spool imports conrods.

ARP head studs.

Haltech sprint 500.

Id1000 injectors.

Journal bearing t04 turbo @ 17psi

E85 fuel.

20161015_142257_zpsvwlpym3o.jpg

It's definitely a big motivation to get the 11 bonkers.

Edited by kickn5k
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Update!!!

Fixed the boost dive issue. Id run out of gate spring. So i borrowed a kinagawa gate a mate wasn't using and threw the 22psi spring in it and seems much better.

BBBUUUUTTTTT it's now running at 98% duty on the injectors 🙁

Meaning power should be up a fair bit too.

Seeing as dave mentioned economy numbers in his beemer thread i thought I'd crunch some numbers.

So its 1000kg, 45ltr tank, E85 fuel and 5spd.

Last drive was exactly 180km round trip from the mornignton peninsula to yarra junction. Half was freeway the other half stop start and twisty mountain roads, just fiiled to the brim with 16.2ltrs, so bang on 9ltr per 100km.

and geez if it doesn't change in all aspects!

yeah, that's why they dance on undulating gravel roads.. but the traction coming out of a corner is way ahead of a live rear axle.

Do you get understeer? I used to cut the top seat off the front roll bar uprights & put a couple of valve springs in there. It lets it roll a little iinitially to get turned in, then the springs take up and hold it as flat as usual.

How's the Alfa de-dion plan going?? I've been thinking about it for the rally car, it gets more weight to the rear with an Alfetta rear gearbox.

...and for 1L/100km more you're getting over three times the power of a 4AGE !