4age Into Ke70 / Ae71 Conversion - The Step By Step Noob Guide

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

the ae86 T50 crossmember will not bolt into a corolla. The ae71 model is fine, as for the washers you mean for a 20V engine?

Really?? I thought they did...Must be engine crossmember I'm thinking of.

Hm. That sucks. I'll put mine up for sale on 86DC then, not many 86 owners here.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

What do you do with the tail shaft I have the stock ke70 and a ae71 panel van shaft but the bit on the back that bolts to the diff is different

And the uni joints look way different

I'm bolting up a 71 tail shaft to a ke70 borgy

I'm new to Corolla's and pretty much conversions in general and this really helped me.

But I have a question. I'm about to buy an AE71 w/ a 4A-C, Manual. I've also got an 1989 AE95 Wagon ready to buy, cause it's got a turbo 4AGE.

Problem is, the AE95 is an AWD. Will I be able to drop a 4AGE from an AWD AE95 into an AE71, and remove the turbo (Still on P Plates.)? What problems/issues will I have?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Lochie.

Don't buy a turbo 4AGE if you're going to remove the turbo anyway, just buy a normal 4AGE. But the answer is yes, any 4AGE can be converted to RWD.

Thanks, but the reason I'm considering the turbo 4AGE is that it's in a REALLY clean car, for a very cheap price. Could almost take the 4AGE out, put anything else in and sell it for more.

Or, would I be better off spending the money on making the 4AC better? (Without a turbo)

Edited by Lochie.