Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

Bought these in the vain hope that they will help me somehow

coil.png

volt.png

Found a cool TRD 4AGE service manual torrent with a lot of wicked info. Full wiring diagrams, diagnostics, step by step problem solving kinda stuff.

Buying a new timing belt too, ELIMINATE ALL THE PROBLEMS!

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Ok so I cleared the diagnostic codes and was still getting code 2 (map) and code 10 (starter signal).

Fiddled with the map sensor and checked the wiring, volts and resistance. Everything seemed fine and the code seemed to clear itself. (magic?)

Then it started throwing pretty much every code in the book at me.

I changed the plugs, the coil was replaced the other day, I swapped the igniter for my spare.

Rewired the starter signal wire, gets 12V when cranking. So that cleared that code.

Now as some of you may remember Ive pretty much had issues starting this thing since I bought it, wiring the starter signal seems to have remedied this issue. It is starting first pop every time now.

Now I am getting code 7 (the only code I'm getting now) which is TPS.

I checked the volts as per the service manual at the plug, it reckons I should have 0.1V at throttle closed to 4.5V fully open.

No matter how I adjust it I'm getting 0.2V-3.5V. Plus the plug looks like this:

20121228_1454531.jpg

So I'm leaning towards a bung TPS.

This is how its running ATM. Would a bung TPS make the timing impossible to get right, its like it is retarded and no advance at all will cure it, the video is it advance as much as possible. With a timing light its like its -20 degrees out :/ I'm 99% positive all timing settings (mechanical) are correct.

http://youtu.be/rWzr80uMOqs

Any pointers? Is there anything else that would retard the timing so much? Could it be an igniter problem?

EDIT: Also replaced the EFI relay with a spare and checked the resistance of both which were within the OK margins. Checked the resistance of all the injectors which were within correct margins, all getting correct volts also.

Occasionally when I start it it will run fine, and the timing seems to correct itself. This is what is shitting me, I don't understand what is causing it to fluctuate and run fine one minute, then start it again and it runs like the video. Bung wiring plug maybe?

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB