The Steezy Ke70

chrisfindlay

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your serious about RC car of the year then yes,you should really paint the engine bay seeing as you have it stripped out so far.I.ve never really had much trouble fitting moulded carpets if they are good quality,they still take a bit of work and usually there is always one bit somewhere that doesn't quite work right but the overall effect I think is worth it.I like the effort your putting in to this,keep up the great work,wish mine was moving as quickly,still playing with rust and body work....

If your serious about RC car of the year then yes,you should really paint the engine bay seeing as you have it stripped out so far.I.ve never really had much trouble fitting moulded carpets if they are good quality,they still take a bit of work and usually there is always one bit somewhere that doesn't quite work right but the overall effect I think is worth it.I like the effort your putting in to this,keep up the great work,wish mine was moving as quickly,still playing with rust and body work....

Thanks heaps mate, appreciate the thoughts, I will do the engine eventually, I'm just waiting to get the engine in and running, so then there isnt any f*cking around with trying to fit my engine, and scratching up my freshly painted engine bay, but yeah as soon as the engine is in running, i will pull it out, and spray the engine bay the same colour as the car :) Also I think I will tub the wheel arches..

And Spencer - Will do man thanks heaps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Two days before leaving Noosa, I had to finish the cronic sanding job on the rolla, I noticed that there were about 15 areas where the paint was fried, if you don't know what that is, its where the thinning agents in the new paint reacts with the old paint and causes these squiggly bubbles to pop up, we even covered extremely large parts of the car in "Motofix spray putty" but that didn't seem to work either, but after about 4 hours of f*cking around, we narrowed the stuffed areas from 15 to about 3. one behind the back left door about the size of a 50c coin and two on the roof, at first I was a little up set that the paint didnt turn out perfect, but then I realized I'm building this car to slide it, its going to get nick's and dings here and there and you move on.. Minor details..

But here's the sanding and putty process's in photos..

post-14737-0-17612600-1336478870_thumb.jpgpost-14737-0-16612500-1336478916_thumb.jpg

After all of that it was another quick coat of primer and some light sanding and that was the last step of preparation for the top coat before a quick clean..

Before I show you the final paint photos I thought id quickly show a photo of how I sealed my tail lights, I went down to bunnings and purchased some crack sealant sticky foam and cut it to fit around the area where the tail light sits, nothing too exciting and I know its been done before but a build threads a build thread..

post-14737-0-27966900-1336479379_thumb.jpg

But yeah here's the paint job (NO ITS NOT PRIMER) its Matte Grey, with a Matte Clear coat, the paint cost a little over 1k but I love it..

Ohh and P.S feel free to hate on the stickers etc as I couldnt give a shit, Its my car and ill do what I like to it, not being a prick, but I know that little illest sticker on the back window will cop some nasty attention.. Oh well "HATERS MAKE ME FAMOUS"

post-14737-0-09217200-1336479477_thumb.jpg post-14737-0-43137400-1336479578_thumb.jpg post-14737-0-11573300-1336479615_thumb.jpg

So before I moved back to Brisbane, I realized I didn't have the mounts that when from your engine to the mounts that slipped into your cross-member, with one day to get my engine in, my car on a trailer, and on the road to Brisbane I began searching like a mad man thanks to Fletcher and Vaughn at Suncoast Automotive some phone calls were made and a Wreckers a few k's from where I lived had a ae71 wagon shell with a ceased engine sitting inside, so after 20 minutes of banging and clanging with an assortment of tools we got the mounts out, it was a huge ʞ©$ɟ around because the bolts were rusted and all munted..

But here are some photos of the little fella we got the stuff out of..

post-14737-0-38383900-1336478397_thumb.jpg post-14737-0-51475500-1336478411_thumb.jpg

Here's the engine bolted in, I didn't get the gearbox bolted on as my spigot was stuffed and I didn't have time to grab a new one...

post-14737-0-45050200-1336479806_thumb.jpg

After a long day packing everything that wasn't bolted onto the car, into the car I popped the rolla on a trailer and off we went..

post-14737-0-54797100-1336480234_thumb.jpg post-14737-0-94326300-1336480269_thumb.jpg

Thats it for the update at the moment guys, this week ill try get all my black bolt on flares installed, I have one on but staying in an apartment complex its extremely hard to get stuff done, I have about 20 minutes to do shit, before people complain about noise and so on, but hopefully with persistence ill get it done, also I'm going to attempt to get my chrome bumpers bolted in but I'm not to sure about how to make up a bracket.. Hopefully there is some sought of bracket that can be purchased at a hardware store that I can customize..

Any ideas anybody? If you have seen any threads about bracket customization or anything like that feel free to leave a message bellow with a link or anything.

I'll also respray my window weather shields... Black, and also respray the little vents that sit behind the Back door in between the rear window, and the back windows..

Also I'm chasing two good condition chrome strips that go from the bottom of your windscreen to your back window, (or that sit above the doors), If anyone has seen some for sale, or knows anywhere you can get them new please let me know..

Edited by chrisfindlay

I'm also considering getting my bonnet profesionally sprayed matte black? Any opinions??

Paint same color as car, and cover it with CF wrap or matte colour adhesive contact so you can peel it off if you don't like it

I'm also considering getting my bonnet profesionally sprayed matte black? Any opinions??

I personally an not a fan of matte black bonnets, check the pic on the rollaclub home page of Spencer's car when he first got it.

Edited by rian

I personally an not a fan of matte black bonnets, check the pic on the rollaclub home page of Spencer's car when he first got it.

Yeah but I'm running black bolt on flares, black wheels, full black interior and black window shields, I think it would look boss like professionally sprayed it would look good seeing as though the car is matte grey.. Look at this for an example Rian..

http://ieatscooterkids.tumblr.com/post/18758794748

P.s what do you think of the car so far? :)