Ke50 Keep Of Scrap

Kelv the painter

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm new to the whole forum thing so please be gentle.

I have been given a KE50 Lift Back, And I'm not sure if its worth putting back on the road. I'm a Spray painter by trade and could have the body looking sweet in no time, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. Should I keep and fix? or sell it for parts.

Edited by Kelv the painter

Members dont see this ad

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/41804-silver-ke-50/page__p__440928__hl__humpback__fromsearch__1#entry440928

Yeah, body parts are "tricky", but mechanicals are pure ke30/55.

I've been driving mine for a while now, and it's one of the most pratical cars i've owned.

Oh, please post a pic or two.

If you decide not to continue, let me know.

Yep, body parts.

Boo

Edited by Bamboo

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/41804-silver-ke-50/page__p__440928__hl__humpback__fromsearch__1#entry440928

Yeah, body parts are "tricky", but mechanicals are pure ke30/55.

I've been driving mine for a while now, and it's one of the most pratical cars i've owned.

Oh, please post a pic or two.

If you decide not to continue, let me know.

Yep, body parts.

Boo

I'm not going to finish it. I'll take some pics of the parts I've already restored (boot, doors front guards and bonnet.) I did have the engine running today so it still goes ok. I'll break for parts or sell it as an on going project. ( I might even respray the car if it's stripped to a shell ) if someone is interested, but I'm not stripping it.

Well, you're in the best position to do the body up- materials you can get cheaply and your time is free, so you can make a nice-looking car out of it. That will please some young person who buys it and drives it around proudly.

On top of that it keeps people guessing what the hell it is when you park it at the movies, but its never going to repay the time you put into it. You'd need to do up an old MGA or AE86 if you want to pay your wages.

• 2 years later...