Ke70 Air Conditioning

Members dont see this ad

I have seen seen at least 4 or more with a/c when going through wreckers over the past few years. I suppose the ae71 under dash ac unit and ducting is usefull but the a/c pump bracket, condensor and lines are a different thing all together.

Coincidentally I was reading about installing a/c and its quite involved. Better obtaining it off a complete car so you know you have all the associated bits together. (as highlighted in this ke70 aircon manual). Carby idle needs to be adjusted, along with the fitting of the vtsv valve which is on the passenger strut tower. And the chopping of vaclines to accomodate t pieces etc,etc.

If you go genuine you this will usefull, aftermarket will be expensive.

http://www.ke70.com/Toyota%20Corolla%20Air%20Conditioner%20Ke70%20Instructions.pdf

Retro fit from what? AE71 or KE70 ac unit will go in as the firewall has the same grommet outlets heater core shouldnt be touched, in saying that its fiddly and time consuming. But its the issue of getting the proper plumbing for it. Most people get rid of them as A there old and don't work, or B its wasted power. You'll find one and if its for $150 grab it. I'm sure you could arrange something with dpb for the main bits.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...