3Kr Reproduction

ghettochild LG

Hi I am new to this site I have been looking for a 3kr engine for a little while and I found only one place to get one, the person who has it is thinking of sending the 3kr cylinder head to be reproduced so I was wondering if there would be 100 people who would be interested in a reproduction of a 3kr head and internals I need to find out about pricing but the person said just for the casting of the head wouldn't cost too much but reproduction of cams pulleys and so on will be needed. I will try and research where to get 3kr internal parts built

let me know if anyone is interested, I will get back to the person and ask if the quote's been recieved for casting them

I know my kp61 rwd starlet is lacking power so a 3kr would be dope

cheers Liam

Members dont see this ad

Are you going to get it made for 3K or 4K??

What else do you expect to need to make it run? You could sell a complete kit ready to install for a few thousand bucks I suppose... easiest to use 4AGE valves/guides/seats/seals/cams, everything in fact!

Assuming its a 3cam motor to keep the original cam for dizzy/oil pump, will you use one timing chain on all 3 or a separate setup for the head??

You can't just replicate the top end of this thing...

timing cover, sump, upright kit, manifolds, water and oil pump and pickup. I'd guess its bottom end is built like that of an... f1 car.

Then there's ignition & fuel system, crank gear, cam gear, cams, followers, valves, stems & seals, rocker cover. Shit the list goes on.

You'd have to be real keen because i'd estimate five figures each. I don't mean to dash hopes but the block alone probably needs thousands spent on it. It wouldn't be running a stock crank or bearings for sure. You could expect to be building an engine from scratch....

Good Luck any how.

• Upvote 1