3Kr Reproduction

ghettochild LG

Members dont see this ad

I think i recall os-giken selling their twincam L heads for around AU$30000 and they made about 30 of them

i would recomend modifing an existing head.

even then the twincam 4k i built would have cost about $11000 if i was paying for labor.

just to give you an idea.

Phil

Edited by filfrederick

Well, don't get too carried away... We're not building racing cars, we just want a 16-valve to bolt onto a stock bottom end!

Then there's ignition & fuel system, crank gear, cam gear, cams, followers, valves, stems & seals, rocker cover. Shit the list goes on.

So, we need to build a head around common gear, 4AGE or even newer stuff. Cams, cam gears, valves, followers, guides seals... all off the shelf stuff.

Keep the dizzy, and the original cam to drive the oil pump, don't upright it- there's only an exhaust on that side now! The hardest thing I see is to run the water pump and serpentine belt on the front Can we have a chain that drives the original cam plus the two new ones.

Filfrederick has the most knowledge of what needs to be done- can we build it cheaper around a purpose-designed head Phil?

Edited by altezzaclub

There is NO F#$%^&G WAY, you would ever get 100 people to put their money up for this.

I'd love to have one, but seriously, you're dreaming.

That's pretty much what I said, everyone says yes awesome. Once they hear the price they will be really quiet. Anything like this is worth serious cash, people think they can buy a custom head for the price of an old second hand K motor

That's pretty much what I said, everyone says yes awesome. Once they hear the price they will be really quiet. Anything like this is worth serious cash, people think they can buy a custom head for the price of an old second hand K motor

Exactly right, hence my quoting your post.

And as others said, the head is only the start.

I don't suppose this source is Philip Colina aka pfncolina / dhee / dhee77 / Budi / etc. based in Manila?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to ask if we were looking at 4 or 5 figure... not sounding promising. :glare:

I am only trying to get the cylinder head remade you don't have to react

whether or not it is possible at least I'm trying rather than saying how much of a scam it is.

as far as I'm concerned if theres any chance at all to get the cylinder head of the engine recasted then I think it would be great. Any figure is irrelivant at the moment because the person who says he has the engine from Manilla says he's putting the engine in a kp47 for an exhibition so he can't get the specifications for an actual quote at the moment. the quote I mentioned was for a 100 cylinder heads from Germany and thats only 1 company so there will be other companies with a smaller minimum order than 100, I know it seems impossible but if there were a bunch of people interested then it might not be so hard to get the head recasted if I'm the only one trying and everyone sees it as an impossible task then I'll have to wait untill I'm rich and can offord it or I will just have to build something else but if I lived anywhere near Manilla now Id want to see if the person with the engine to get the relevant specification I will try to get more promising information

Assuming the source is the person I mentioned in my post above, which sounds likely, you may want to do some further research before jumping on a plane.

The internet has made the world a very small place and the modified old Toyota community isn't that big. Do let us know how you get on, and if you go, take lots of photos.

I would be interested in the 151E :)

Get the engines from Manila:

http://www.c-autoperformance.webs.com/

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/3818774/3K-R%2C151E%2C100E+TRD+engines+TE72%2CAE70+%26+KE35_Collector%27s+items.?referralKeywords=151e

I'm going over in March. Might check them out if I've got time :)

Everyone wants one, but I would be wary of scammers.

I know there was a scammer selling these things on the net a while back, had some photos of some motors he was using to presell then never deliver them to overseas customers. There were some major issues if I remember correctly.

Rocking horse poo just doesnt become available all of a sudden.