Cars Coffee & Donuts - Complete 2012 Calendar

silverra23

Members dont see this ad

Wow....I never knew a non-timed, non-speed event could be so much bloody fun! Even in a car that's not 'race-spec', you can have a blast just flinging it around learning where the limits are. I found them....on my second run of the day, but no major damage done. We ran the course both clockwise, then anti-clockwise after a lunch break. I must say it was a major challenge in either direction

In-car footage is uploading as we type/read & new tyres are being sourced to replace the nearly gone ones I now have. Thinking about the set of Twin Cam brakes I have laying around somewhere too, as I'm pretty sure mine are now fanucked. :(

Many thankyou's & lots of appreciation must go to the (won't mention names here) organisers of the day & to everyone who pitched by donating half an hour here & there to marshal. Except that idiot on the Finish Line after lunch, don't let him back again... ;) By marshal I mean return the cones to their original positions after someone who cares more about racing line rather than the course comes through, probably describes most of us. :laff: Without their organisation & everyone's assistance, the day would not have gone so.well, I had a blast so thankyou all very much. Oh thankyou to the coffee guy who was there keeping everyone caffienated & the bloke on the BBQ, top work! :y:

Enough talk, pics!

post-5437-0-35108900-1348388064_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-19459700-1348388214_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-85107500-1348388557_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-08517300-1348388355_thumb.jpg

Blue Thing - 1

Student Carpark Sign - 0

post-5437-0-39486200-1348388885_thumb.jpg

Edited by carbonboy

Yep, most certainly. I'll be up at Winton for the 6hr just lending a hand for the weekend (not competing) to get an idea of it all. Probably wont be competing in anything until race-car is finished, too much for a daily methinks. Work on said race-car has recently recommenced. ;)

Edited by carbonboy

pretty much a bitumen khanacross Colin

you would remember gravel khanacross at laverton

these days helmet is required for khanacross

Only ever had to run a helmet once for a motorkhana, at the Bendigo saleyards. Thought it was weird before the start, but when I was hitting third gear I started to understand why...............

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...