Jke The Black 3Tgte Ta22

Mushroom

post-2275-0-46936100-1330304442_thumb.jpgHi there all!

long time reader first time poster, A few years ago I bought a TA22 with great intentions of putting a 4AGE in and restoring her to her former glory, long story short got bent over and absolutly ripped in the process,

4 years later the motor is half done and the body is wrecked.(so thats the sob story over :D)

Yesterday I picked up this baby, http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/58322-black-ta22-1974-celica-3t-gte-motor-intercooled-blue-plated/page__p__585900__fromsearch__1#entry585900 (don't know how to make it a clicky?)

Drove home just beautiful, I think the gear ratio's must be out somewhere as it was about 3000RPM crusing on 100kh, drove it from brisbane to hervey bay with a rest break every hour, just as i pulled into the drive way it died!

just comepletly stopped all electricals cut out, no dash lights nothing, there wasn't any weird noise it just turned off, so pushed her down the driveway and had a look this morning. I checked the batt still fully charged then I found this! may be the problem

post-2275-0-58153300-1330304155_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

What sort of igntion is it running? Points still?

Check points gap and timing if it is. Then hunt through the water system.

Ah- and read the code on the diff tag, or jack a wheel up and count the turns to get the diff ratio. Check the VIN plate to see if its on there too.

3000rpm at 100kph is probably a 4.1, might be a 4.3 on a 5speed too.

Edited by altezzaclub

Got the auto lekky out he has no idea what the problem was :S we havnt been able to blow it again,(but while he was out here got him to fix the jeeps headlights all happy now) anyways onto the other problems solved the mystery of the leaking oil onto the rocker cover there was a pinspot leak in the intake manifold,post-2275-0-81049700-1330586462_thumb.jpg got it welded back up today so now i have to figure out why there is so much oil in the intake manifold? and started on the interiour roof lining not fun! sewed up a new pretty vynl one, pics when its all in.

having some seriouse issues getting pics tonupload will have to look for a pic uploading thread.