7Afe Turbo

Dazzla

For anyone who is interested, I have just completed swapping out a NA 7afe for a turbo 7afe on my AE112 corolla. I understand this topic has been discussed before, however my car is an auto not a manual. A while ago I asked on these forums about the autos for AE112's and if they would be up to the job. Well, it is brilliant. Absolutely fantastic. At the moment I am taking it easy using the standard 6-7 psi boost. The donor turbo engine was slightly modified. It runs a Garrett turbo instead of the standard IHI, the exhaust manifold has been custom made and uses a 2.5" mandrel bent stainless exhaust. The induction pipework has also been re-routed to minimise lag. Well I can assure anyone out there that the auto shifts smoothly and keeps the engine in boost all the way through the rev range with no lag. It sounds like a jet engine under the bonnet. I've kept the exterior of the car standard, so it is great as a sleeper. If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them. This is how the Corolla's should have been made by Toyota. Have fun, Dazz

post-15666-0-33334000-1330511309_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 7 years later...