Ae82 Toyota Corolla 1986

lammi

Members dont see this ad

Hey guys.

Currently own an Ae82 lift back model.

Its a poverty pack :/ meaning its only got a 4ac engine in it sadly.

What is the best thing i can do for my car to make it faster?

if its possible hahahah.

don't "hahahah." at the mighty AE82! :P they actually have a heap of potential if you get the right mods are done, they held the quickest time around sector 2 (the top section) at Bathurst for a few years until the AE92 came along. Throw a 4AGE in, thats best thing you can do!

Put some pics up mate, it is a ride thread after all ;)

There is a forum dedicated to them at: ae82.net

Edited by Subaru_kid

yeahhh i have a 4age sitting at home needs a rebuild. think i might have a go aye!

will do! Whats the best way to roll the mud guards in? i have just bought 14 inch mags and it seems to be scraping on the tyres...

kinda homo :/

Trust me, there is PLENTY you can do to an ae82 ;) :lol:

You can even make a 4ac tough as nails! When I first rebuilt Rolla Bus, I rebuilt my 4ac (because I didnt know about 4ag's lol), it had a stage 3 Crow Cam, re-jetted carby, better pistons and rods, double valve springs etc...

lol, it had one of the toughest idles ever, it got mistaken for a rotory ALOT of times!

What are you wanting to exactly do with the car? Used as a daily?

I pretty much know these things back to front, if you ever need questions answered, let me know

Moe

will do! Whats the best way to roll the mud guards in? i have just bought 14 inch mags and it seems to be scraping on the tyres...

kinda homo :/

Eh? :blinks: How low is your car? I've ran King Springs Lows with 195/50/R15 tyres & no scrubbing. :no2:

Edit: Yours is not the poverty pack, trust me! :wink:

Edited by carbonboy

I run mine with the lowest point of the car at 105mm for street use, little scraping with 205/50/15's, but with the 14's i have no issues... and they even poke on the rear :)

But then again i have got rolled rear guards, also i took the top bolt off the splash guard and that solved all scrubbing from the front. it probabaly helps that i have coilovers which are stiff enough to take some bumps and not rub too badly :D

Also agreed. Carbonboy's 82 is much more pov pack... haha

Trust me, there is PLENTY you can do to an ae82 ;) :lol:

You can even make a 4ac tough as nails! When I first rebuilt Rolla Bus, I rebuilt my 4ac (because I didnt know about 4ag's lol), it had a stage 3 Crow Cam, re-jetted carby, better pistons and rods, double valve springs etc...

lol, it had one of the toughest idles ever, it got mistaken for a rotory ALOT of times!

What are you wanting to exactly do with the car? Used as a daily?

I pretty much know these things back to front, if you ever need questions answered, let me know

Moe

A rotory? hahaha

i am just using it as a daily car but its so freaking slow.

i would love better acceleration.. haha

I run mine with the lowest point of the car at 105mm for street use, little scraping with 205/50/15's, but with the 14's i have no issues... and they even poke on the rear :)

But then again i have got rolled rear guards, also i took the top bolt off the splash guard and that solved all scrubbing from the front. it probabaly helps that i have coilovers which are stiff enough to take some bumps and not rub too badly :D

Also agreed. Carbonboy's 82 is much more pov pack... haha

mine is as stock height so i was shocked hahaha.

yeah i need to roll my rear guards in. whats the best way to do it?

my brother said with a hammer....but I'm not sure if he knows what he is talking about.

Mine scraped bad when i had the stock blown shocks in at the front lol

If you don't care about the guards a hammer covered in cloth or a baseball bat will do. If you do care, then hire a professional guard roller. Have a look on youtube ;)

EDIT: don't forget to use a heat gun!

Edited by Subaru_kid