altezzaclub

How To Convert An Auto To A Manual Ke70

Thank you for making this write up, i have done the same conversion as this to my new ke70, was also owned buy an elder lady,

Peddel box was a pain in the butt, pnly problem i have came across was the nutreal start position start wireing, i cut the plug off knowing full well that the curcuit had to be bridged, but never matched the black and black together, i curreny have to start the car by bridging one of the red wires with the black wires ( i know strange) but i will be performing this tomorrow, so i can put all my center console back in and have the car back to starting by the key again:) great read

Members dont see this ad

Glad you found it helpful.

i curreny have to start the car by bridging one of the red wires with the black wires

That is the neutral lockout from the auto box to stop you starting it in any gear. Bridge it permanently & forget about it.

Layshaft bearings are worn. 4th gear is 1:1 ratio so it doesn't drive through the layshaft, so its quiet.

Get another gearbox, its hellish expensive to replace layshaft bearings as far as I know.

hey guys. i currently have a 3speed auto ke70e and ive got a k40 gearbox with clutch, clutch cable, flywheel and pedal box.

Will i have to cut a hole for the gearbox to fit aswell? :/

As far as i know from researching its a bolt in affair?

excuse my noobness :)

Edited by Ketogirl

Yes, you will. I fittted the 4speed to start with then swapped that for a 5speed later.

I think both manual boxes are the same length, but the auto control hole is further back.

nice one, i might add this is very similar to a 4ac auto to man conversion.

Good read but having a bit of trouble with the wiring car wont start just a click like a dead battery tried jump starting to but still the same thing and my tail lights are on all the time any help would be gold

Neither of those should be affected by changing the gearbox. The only wiring involved is bridging out the auto lockout, and if your starter solenoid is clicking then you have done that corrrectly, and the other is getting the reverse light circuit working.

Have you done anything else to the car at the same time? Was it all working fine as an auto?

Yeah got it runnig I think it might be brake lights so maybe something to do with the pedal box maybe dunno pretty stumped