'82 Ke70 Rebuild

ozscot107203

Hey guys

So i'm rebuilding my KE70 (especially the engine) and i've hit a bit of a snag. I'm pretty keen to put a bit of extra power into it but I'm not sure whether to go and get a turbocharged V6 or keep the 4K and tune it like a boss. if you guys have any ideas, thoughts, HELP mainly, it would all be MUUUUUUUUUUCHLY appreciated. i'll chukc up a coupld of pics later

Cheers guys

Members dont see this ad

If you read some of the other build questions you would see that we can't help unless we know-

What are you going to do with the car?? Road, track, drift, night drags? How much extra power?

How much have you got to spend? $10k will do a nice job, $3k will get you slightly faster.

What can you do yourself? Can you strip and rebuild a motor yourself? Can you fabricate parts for a conversion or are you paying for everything? Diff? Gearbox? Have YOU thought about this?

Edited by altezzaclub

I'm looking at just giving it some quick, cheap mods to get it back on the road with some extra horses under the hood. I'm doing most of the cleaning and rebuiding myself and I know a guy that does machining so i can get parts done

Me thinks this might be a troll

As to the comment about trolling. No. This is not a troll

Get the crank and the flywheel lightened, then get the whole lot balanced. Have the block sonic tested and re-bored to 80mm, replacing your 4K pistons with 5K flat-tops.

While that's is away, get the cam & followers ground. Wade, Tighe, Crow... any of them.

Buy side-draughts, either SUs or Weber, and port the manifold to the head, then get the head skimmed for compression.

Re-assemble with extractors and a free-flow exhaust.

Take a look through here. I wasn't after turbo'dV6 power... but it all works well!

http://www.rollaclub...the-girls-ke70/

Edited by altezzaclub

• 7 months later...