Engine Swap For A Ke20

hi i am new to this site. i was wondering what engine should i swap into my 1974 toyota corolla that doesnt require cutting any of the frame or body? i live in america as i see many people are in the UK or australia... i would like an engine that comes stock with a 5 spd transmission. Thank you !!!

Members dont see this ad

How bigs ya wallet to start with!!??

The usual upgrades for a ke20 is keeping it k motor like 5k, then there is a step up to the 4age, then a step up from that is ca18det, Sr20det all these WILL fit without cutting the body at all, there is HEAPS of things to shove in a 20 just depends how much you wanna spend!!!

Meanwhile back at the ranch.....:rolls:

As per Altezzaclub, a 2T or 3T would be the way to go. You will need to source the correct crossmember and front suspension including struts, brakes and steering knuckles, but should be easy to find in the states. A 5 speed gearbox (T50 from a T series engine) bolts straight on, but I am not sure how readily available they are in the states. Later boxes T50 boxes have the gearstick located differently but easily managed. Note there are T50 boxes that bolt behind 4A/4AGE engines which won't bolt up to a T series engine.

Jump on to 3TCgarage.com US based website with a wealth of knowledge on these cars and engines.