3.3.0 Sneek Peek

irokin

Originally I was planning an upgrade to the 3.2.x version as it was fairly mature. 3.3.0 came out not long ago and it appears as though its really just an evolution of 3.2.x I thought I'd skip straight to 3.3.0.

The upgrade is maybe a week or so off at the moment and will happen along with a server migration. So there'll be a period of about 6-12 hours where the site will be down, probably on a Friday, something like 9pm-3am, while the whole site move and upgrade happens.

Here's the first look at the new design which is just based on the default skin.

For sale area with new tagging system. Also demonstrating post previewing and tag search/filtering:

330preview1.png

Per-user post licencing options (only creative commons at the moment). I think we're the first automotive forum to offer this in Australia?:

330preview2.png

Members dont see this ad

Coooool, this tagging feature looks intriguing. Is it the same as location selection on sale items or can you tag any thread with a location (events, builds etc?)

It's site wide but the for sale areas have some extra tweaks. In the FS areas you can only pick from a predetermined list (elsewhere you can put them in) and its enforced that you must pick one and only one. It's also automatically set as the prefix to the topic title (elsewhere its optional).

I'm assuming the fixed location will appear on the mobile site so no more "wer R U loctd i am on ifone"

It doesn't. I hate the stupid mobile skin, a thoroughly neutered version of the full site. There is a built in option to use the full site now though.

There's been talk of disabling mobiles posting new topics in the FS areas though.

View new content filtering:

330preview3.png

We tried that once before and it ended up with FS posts overflowing into all sorts of weird places. It's easier for the mods if it's all kept in the FS areas. Basically restricting them from posting in the FS areas won't stop them posting FS threads.

I think I'll block mobiles posting FS threads. The full site is available to them easily now anyway.