Ke55 Round Headlight/front End Conversion

Trent-KE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Carpet on the door trims looks crappy??

I perfer the KE30 trims. I do like alot about my KE30 but i seem to be looking at alot of KE55's and taking stuff from them, I found seats from a KE55, with the removable headrest, and still in my colour vinal. I like to take the headrests off so that it looks even older like a 1960's car. Plus these seats are much more comfortable.

Does anyone else perfer the vinal seats??

I looked everywhere and after ages of looking i traveled from Brisbane to Ipswich and beyond to pick up a matching left hand mirror for my passenger door.

Also I know my car was in an accident with its previous owner and am not sure if it has a KE30 Bonnet. Is the KE30 bonnet ment to have the chrome vents??

Also Both my front guards had SE on them. Does anyone know what they stand for??

With the headlights has anyone ever wondered what the KE30 would have looked like with duel headlights like all other luxury/ sports cars?? I altered a picture of my KE30 and its grill to see what it'd look like. But i think it'd need smaller headlights & more grill.

~Sorry If My Picks Are Too Large, Its My Camera~

JiP_01

post-1158-1138017396_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1138017603_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1138017977_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1138018429_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1138019018_thumb.jpg

Yes it's a KE30 bonnet, it's just an early one.

What year model is it?

In answer to your question, no I hate the vynal, it's cold in winter, and hot and sticky in summer.

I have several left hand door mirrors here hehe

I have no idea what the SE stands for, and don't really care haha

And that twin headlight front looks wicked, but sorta weird too.

Its a 1978 KE30. I can tell the bonnet isn't the original cause the paint is flaking off and its white underneith.

I like my grill. Out of all the grills i've seen i think its the better one. Does anyone have the same as me cause i wanna know if its supposed to be two tone or not??

The twin headders would look better if they were smaller i reccon.

How do u have so many left hand mirrors?? I have only ever seen one other corolla with an original left hand mirror.

SE. I've come up with a couple ideas to what it could stand for...

Could it be Special Edition??

Or Sports Edition??

~JiP_01~

My KE30 has the same grill. Pic below. 2 of my mates had this same grill, and they are all identical to yours.

I prefer the grill that is in my KE35, pic also below.

And as I said, that is an early model KE30 bonnet, 74/75 ish.

Alot of rolla wagons came with left hand mirrors, I got one of mine of a wagon I had. They are also IDENTICAL to Datsun 200B mirrors, I got another set off a datto.

SE probably stands for, slow edition haha

post-632-1138022193_thumb.jpg

post-632-1138022364_thumb.jpg

I don't know about you guys.

I much prefer the 55 bonnet it gives the car

the more squared up look of the eighties.

But i do prefer round headlights.

Our KE55 door trims are the same as

a KE30. Its a '79 model. Did they change

or has a previous owner changed them

KE30 door trims should stop before the top of the door, leaving the metal of the door showing where you lean your arm.

KE55 door trims should go right to the top, and the window rubber is attached to the door trim instead of the door.

I hate the KE55 bonnet's, I much prefer the rounder shape of the KE30 ones, but it's all about personal preference.

I have seen very few grills like the one I have in my KE35 though, so I like it.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, sorry to dig up this thread, but i was searching and this one is the only thread that remotely relates to my issue.

Back on toping to converting front ends, has anyone done, or know whats involved in converting a round headlight KE55 to a square headlight 55??

I've located the headlights, brackets and a grille and can't seem to figure out how they fit.

Your help yould be greatly appreaciated.

thanks,

Jon.