Post-Update Bugs

irokin

As you can see, quite a massive update. There's also a bunch of changes behind the scenes. Things might be a bit wonky for the next few days while I get everything ironed out. If you see something you'd like to bring to my attention please post it here.

Upgrades of note:

• Search is now utilising the Sphinx search engine. You should find you get FAR more relevant results from your searches and much faster. Over the next few days I'll reduce/remove the search frequency limit. No more excuses ;)
  • Avatars and profile pictures have been consolidated into one with avatars replacing whatever profile picture that existed before.
  • Tonnes of things have changed with the forum software. Overall its much the same as before but there are many little tweaks which are really nice.
  • Topic title capitalisation bugs have gone (used to have things like Don'T, now it's back to being correct).

Things definitely broken at the moment:

• Gallery, completely. Will be fixed, never fear.
  • The FAQ/wiki, completely. Will be fixed.

Members dont see this ad

I think the new layout looks good, my phone struggles with it (post text is behind avatar) but that's more likely because it's a POS rather than a problem with the new RC. :yes:

Yea, there seems to be a HUGE increase in dynamic content so I can see the full version not working very well in phone browsers.

Also interesting: Auto saved posts while typing.

First up, nice work, the new site sure looks purdy! :)

I'm getting a rendering bug where there are two squares in some posts that look like text input boxes. I'd paste in a screen dump but I can't seem to get pictures to work at all. I can email it if you PM for an address.

Happens in Chrome 18.0.1025.152 m on XP and the latest Safari on OS X SL.

It can be seen on towe001 post in the "Rollaclub Will Be Unavailable" topic in News. Post number #7.

No doubt there's bigger fish to fry, but I thought I'd register it :)

Yea I've seen these too. Something to do with Facebook. I was trying to disable whatever it was at 3am last night without much success.

My new posts seem to be appending to the bottom of the page rather than below the last post using fast reply. Must have been bad cached javascript.

Cool. Let me know if you want anything else viewed/tested.

Actually, I'm also getting my replies added to the very bottom of the page, after the add, social media links and list of members reading the forum. Is that intended? Using Chrome.

Edited by snot35

Actually, I'm also getting my replies added to the very bottom of the page, after the add, social media links and list of members reading the forum. Is that intended? Using Chrome.

Definitely not intended. It seems to be a caching problem. If you do a Ctrl+F5 on this page the problem should go away. Edit: Scrap that, happening again.

Edit post box seems to be a problem as well (doesn't go away when the post is saved).