1967 Toyota Crown Ms47 Wagon

silverra23

Haven't updated this in a while... Crown is not progressing like I had hoped.. though the last week or so I have got motivated to get the parts I need sorted..

Got my rims painted... got trim clips for the chrome trim... got underlay coming... got new seat belts made (Hemco in Ballarat rock!)... tyres and whitewalls being sorted as we speak....round fender mirrors are coming from japan.... still got to get the transmission cooler lines sorted.. and stick a battery in it... and lower it... and get the exhaust fixed up.... fit the sunvisor... fit some roof racks... put the interior back together...get club rego...

Won't make hanging rock sadly... but it won't be far away. Anyways some progress pics:

14963_10151652691119815_1036091490_n.jpg

15" rims.. 2 x EB falcon rims for the rear - a bit of offset to give the illusion of width... and 2 x Hyundai i30 rims on the front to make it look more narrow. They need a spacer to clear the balljoints on full droop, but should be ok. Tyres and whitewalls to come :)

And here is a shabby photo of one of my new seat belts.

IMAG0528.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I had a productive day in the shed yesterday, thanks mr public holiday :)

Got my transmission cooler hooked up so was able to fill her up with ATF and took her on her maiden run, driving out of the shed and up the driveway. Its probably the first time its been driven under its own steam in over 30 years.

I put the grille and headlights in

378512216097908739_31457649.png

Washed the dust off

378618494946208088_31457649.png

Vacuumed all the perished foam out of the car, and then started installing the seats and seat belts.

IMAG0531.jpg

Just waiting on my carpet underlay to arrive so that I can put the carpet in and then the rest of the seats.

Progress is good :)

Bit more time spent in the shed today. Crawling around inside doing underlay and carpet and then fighting to get the front seat back in when its sitting much higher than it used to be thanks to underlay and carpet.

Cnut of job really.. reminded me why I paid the trimmer to do the Celica!!

Looking good though...

Underlay

IMAG0534.jpg

Front carpet and retrimmed seat

IMAG0536.jpg

Back of the front seat, and rear carpet. Still needs to be trimmed up some more.

IMAG0537.jpg

And the wheels and tyres have come together

IMG_20130201_142436.jpg

Not sure what I am going to do about the dash top yet.. better get thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time

Thought I might try using a Japanese rising sun flag as a dash mat.. I think it will work with some tidying up

387357204294494532_31457649.png

Baby's got new shoes

387363684259293571_31457649.png

Back seat is in properly now

387371968940829140_31457649.png

Scored myself a old school roof rack off ebay

387401144041302711_31457649.png

And thanks to importmonster and yahoo japan, got myself some round fender mirrors

393074857780799757_31457649.png

Massive lowering job to come....

• 4 months later...

This thread has been very quiet due to a distinct lack of motivation on my part.

In part due to being unexcited about pulling all the door trims off so that I could fit the right hand side chrome strips on. Fortunately on the weekend I got over that.

ta da!

IMG_2574.JPG

Door trim job was easier than i was expecting, so happy days. The one on the front guard required removing the inner guard - glad I did, the amount of dirt and leaves hiding in there was impressive. The lack of rust was also impressive, I was half thinking I would find scary stuff in there, but it was nice and clean.

1010644_10152020846129815_1241098530_n.jpg

This photo shows me trying to get her started again.. its developed a slow cranking issue in recent weeks and won't fire any more. Main power feed to the battery gets hot quickly, so I am thinking I have either an issue there, or bad earths. Any one else got any thoughts? Its weird, because it was ace a few months back, and aside from time passing nothing has changed...

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

So I chased earths, power lead and rebuilt the starter. All no dice.

Had my mechanic come and look and he came to the same conclusion I had - something inside the engine was binding up and it had to come out.

Good news is he pulled it out yesterday and found the oil feed line had fallen off - back in 1982 when Don put the engine back together, he clearly hadn't done up the nut.

The better news is that there appears to be no damage to bearings or crank and the engine is now turning over very freely by hand. Win!!

Hopefully next week we might be close to being back on the road :)