1967 Toyota Crown Ms47 Wagon

silverra23

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

Tonight I finally lived up to my promise to Don, the previous owner of the Crown, that I would bring it down to show him when it was on the road.

He was very excited, rushing out with his camera to take a few photos so he could prove to his family that someone had bought it and had it running again.

He was not a fan of the red wheels, and found the rising sun flag dash mat hilarious! He hit me up for a ride around the block, so we went off for a cruise. He commented that the lowering had certainly made it a harsher ride. He loved the interior.

It was an entertaining hour or so - he was full of tales and jokes and I came away a little sad that I am selling her! It drives so well and gets so much attention on the road, its very very cool.

Anyways here is Don posing with the car. His smile says it all.

DSC_0005.jpg

• Upvote 1

I don't care who buys this. This photo is amazing. I hope I come across my old cars like this and I hope I look even classier

EDIT: This is why I love this community.

EDIT 2: I went back and reminded myself of this. From the trailer to the end. I have to say this is one of those car appreciation threads that will resonate to me for ages.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know you sold this but, Do you happen to remember the pin size for the lowering blocks? And how'd you go finding a tailgate handle? I need one for my ute.

Sorry I don't remember now. I think I ended up using a drill to open the hole up a little from what ever I bought - Toyota Hilux ones I think.

Tailgate handle no good. Crownman in Sydney was looking and thought he had one, but I never managed to get it off him.