She Wrecked My Ke10!

Those freight quotes are ludicrous.

I've just obtained a few online, and they run from $350~$680 AUD depending on method.

Sea/Road freight is obviously slower, but cheaper.

This is assuming a single box able to fit a bumper and fender, dimensions 150x80x30cm and gross weight under 20kg.

Members dont see this ad

That was UPS I checked...guessing at 40lbs...(Grrr metrics) 20k....I tried it as freight and it said it could go as package and then said the package dimensions were too big...squeezed it a bit more and it gave me nine hundred something as cheapest option and even when I specified the weight at 40lbs, it said billable weight 125lbs.

What other companies do a lot of shipping like that? Who knows someone in the military that might just happen to be going that way...lol. I used to have some uncles who took their vacations by C-130's...rode jumpseats all the way to Hawaii.

• 9 months later...

Hi Corolla nut,

Just read this post (don't get on much) with interest and wandered how you went.

I know how rare the old Corollas are over there. I spent the first 27 years of my life in Canada and seen one. A KE15 for sale and I bought it. Moved to Australia and found a cool KE11 in a field in NSW and bought it.

Anyway your repairs seem very straight forward and I'm sure if your patient they'll show up. Have you considered a parts collecting holiday to Australia? Airlines pack in surfboard size packages as oversized item with little or no extra cost. Airfares are down as well. Just an idea.