Ke70 Stud Kit/spacers Help!

JSF

Yo peeps,

Just wanting to know; I'm located in Victoria (Australia) and wanting to put some 17" 114.3 wheels on my car.. I tried them on but unfortunately the studs weren't long enough and it was hitting the suspension. Where can i source longer studs and spacers from and roughly what is the approximate price for a full set of studs and nuts. Reason i'm chaisng nuts is because the hole is quite small on the wheels, so yeah.

Cheers,

Members dont see this ad

The wheels are hitting your suspension because they have the wrong offset, probably FWD wheels. Longer studs and wheels spacers are a bad option. Plus they are illegal. The best option would be to buy wheels that have the proper offset. Failing that you can buy bolt on spacers so you don't need to mess with your studs(though these are also illegal). They can be bought off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_1526wt_1037

Now that Ive answered your question I'd just like to add that 17's on old corolla's look terrible. 15" should be the largest you go.

And Will, it says KE70 in the title :P

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Haha, i've got 18's on my Mark 2 Jzx100, so don't think i'd be downgrading to 17", :P. Well, yeah, i have these 17" CSA 114.3 that were on my 93' GSR when i had it, i sold it and kept the rims for whenever i may have another 4 stud'er. As i am doing nothnig with them and wheels cost like $700 i thought i might chuck them on just because it's better than the stockies. Here's a picture; http://i41.tinypic.com/335dylw.jpg

I was told to purchase these spacers and studs http://www.gktech.com.au/product_detail.asp?id=4114-30mm - Do you guys think that would be good enough?

Edited by JSF

if you want to do a test fit with some hub adapters, I have some in melb you can try before you go buy some.

I also have some 17's to compare that i had on my AE71, then on the Ke38 that looked good.

as for the comments on 15's being the biggest you go, that's opinion. take it or leave it. it's your car.

-Dave

That sounds great man, where are you located? I'm in Narre Warren. Yeah I will check and see how they look on my car before I make up my mind, so cheers for your assistance. My number is 0408770437 if you can shoot me a text.

if you want to do a test fit with some hub adapters, I have some in melb you can try before you go buy some.

I also have some 17's to compare that i had on my AE71, then on the Ke38 that looked good.

as for the comments on 15's being the biggest you go, that's opinion. take it or leave it. it's your car.

-Dave

Yeah, it's his car. I'm not trying to convince him. Just an opinion, like you said. :)

Yeah, it's his car. I'm not trying to convince him. Just an opinion, like you said. :)

i hear ya. I wish all ke70's looked like the one in your avatar, I personally run 13's on all my corollas at the moment, but i have dabbled in bigger sizes. ;)

anyway, I'll see what it looks like when we're test fitting, maybe trying on a set of 13's might twist his arm the other way too...