'grumpy' The Jdm Rt104 Corona

InSaNiTy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you got hold of that brochure, makes the car more complete with a bit of history!

Looking forward to seeing some photos!

Thanks Ben! I also have the Toyota Corona RT104 2000GT brochure- I'll take some pics of both brochures after my last exam (6th June) and upload them in this thread. :)

More pics! Its developing well :)

Thanks silverra23. I have hundreds of photos to upload, it's just a matter of passing my exams first and then getting them in order before uploading them. :)

excuse my french, but this is ʞ©$ɟing amazing mate.... needs a hakosuka rear spoiler and then it's perfect.

Thanks swarf! I've actually thought about putting it on but at $200 for one, and the Datsun Skyline C10 GTR being my dream car (the reason for the styling of my Rona), I feel that it's a bit of a wanker thing to take a GTR option and put it on a Corona that never had the option lol. :P

very nice!

Thanks rollalicious. =D

Edited by InSaNiTy

Having seen this car in the flesh ,its cool as sits good looks good,sounds good to.Especially full noise on the skid pan.

Do you think that motor should go in the rally car steve??

I like it because its different .

rob

Thanks Rob! You weren't at the last motorkhana to see me grab 8th outright in Grumpy either... :)

People have suggested that I stop joking around with the Corona and put this engine in my rally car, but this engine has bad blow by- compression in the sump is forcing litres of oil out the breathers and causing oil to literally piss out the leaks from the chain tensioner and timing case. :( -

It would also be a bitch to drive in rallies with the 3.9:1 diff ratio that the Celica currently has, especially when nothing at all happens until 5000rpm.

The Celica's 18R-G engine (we put it in after the Bago rally- just in time for Sunny Corner with help from Yeomans) seems very healthy even if it is only a standard build- no oil coming out the breathers, next to no oil leaks, 45mm webers, elecrtonic dizzy and electronic ignition. If we found some TRD cams and ported the head on the Celica it would be insane.

Currently though, it seems the Rona is way faster than the Celica, which I believe is due to the Rona weighing 200kg less and having a fully rebuilt head, 9.7:1 compression pistons and 282 degree cam regrinds - even though it has bad blow-by.

Edited by InSaNiTy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...