Lowering Ke30, Advice/ Opinions

AlexDrabble

Members dont see this ad

Know an owner of a KE25 who flipped every leaf bar the main leaf to lower the car. This combined with Formula Ford race tyres caused some serious issues with the handling of the car. To the point that both rear wheels would hop around a foot off the ground under really tight cornering.

Ok guys so i got king springs super low 50mm for the front

and in the back i split the leaf pack and took the bottom two (Smallest ) leafs flipped them over and put them on top of the main leaf,

Sits perfect all round, low but high enough it still has plenty of travel and will be useable :)

Oh and the stock leafs i had where from a 4 door so in my 2 door it sat quite high, so now its lower it is still quite stiff

• 4 years later...

This thread is pretty old I know, but some of the members are still active so I'll give it a go :) I've got 14x6 wheels, and I'm also looking at the 50mm front springs because I'm too poor for coils atm. I was just wondering will the 14s fit well under the lowered springs? Or will I need to roll the guards etc, or should I just go with the 38mm lowered springs instead.

Depends on what offset the wheels are now. how do they sit with the (persumably) standard springs you have now?

50mm drop isnt that much if you have standard height at the moment.

Get a mate to push down the front of the car about 50mm and see how it looks ;)