Strut Inserts For Ke10, Can I Use Up To '74 Model?

Greetings all...Looking in my Haynes manual, I only see one measurement for the strut no matter if a 1.1, a 1.2 or a 1.6 Corolla !967-1974. Shopping at RockAutoParts.com...they show a strut insert for a 1973 1.2 but for nothing earlier. Would this work in my KE10 strut tower. I think mine are blown cuz it rides like a rock now. I seem to live in a Elder Corolla free zone so I have to work with what I've got...no going out and finding KE20's or 30's parts laying around.

Members dont see this ad

A bloke i know down here in Tassie put ke20 strut inserts in his ke10 struts. From memory he said they were a longer stroke.

But, You guys got TE not Ke.. And i'm thinking they might be different struts.. Could be wrong but..

Also if you're talking about putting ke20 struts in your ke10? Stu (kick5k) has ke20 struts in his ke10 and reckons there's some positive camber going on

Not sure. I doubt it to be honest.. Ke20 spring is about half a coil longer than ke10.. Plus it's about double the thickness so it wont compress anywhere near enough..

It might if you can get it to all compress

Well from here the answer is no....I ordered the '73 strut inserts...the body is shorter and doesn't fit to the bottom of the tube, the length wouldn't matter so much, a large size old socket or something could drop in the tube first to take up the space but it stops 2 inches from being inside the tube far enough to get the top screwed on. The KE10 strut gets a tad bit narrower at the bottom. The top of the rod is shorter where the threads are and would not reach through the top cap to get the nut started. I had to put the worn out one back in, now...what to do with struts i can't use.....gotta call to see what the return will take....and keep trying to find something that will work.

Edited by CorollaNut69

• 4 weeks later...