Sign in to follow this  
RhysE

Help!! Stereo Stopped Working

hi guys i was installing my sub today in the boot of my ke70 and during the installing sometime my radio

fuse blew and i dunno why, and now even after the fuse has been changed the stereo wont work?

i didnt do the wiring the previous owner did and there is a scotch clip clipped to 1 wire with 2 red wires coming out

and 1 goes to the stereo but the other is just hanging there looked like it was connected to maybe a brown wire not sure

cause i can't find any brown wires.

SOMEBODY HELP! i need to get my stereo to work for my cruise to wisemans ferry tomoro lol

cheers guys

Members dont see this ad

I found 1 ground that goes from nowhere to a bolt but can't see where it should.be the stereo was working fine before I started running my sub stuff

How do I fix that? I've found 1 other ground wire that goes to.nothing 1 end its bolted the other end not ?

also the 5amp radio fuse blew, do i need to replace that with a 5 amp or will a 10amp work at all ?

cheers

Well if your ground wire is connected to the chassis and not to the stereo it won't work, and a 10 amp will be fine.

rewiring would be the best option providing you isolate the original problem that resulted in the short (usually positive coming into contact with an earth source of some sort) and as for the fuse it would be unwise to use a larger fuse as this may result in more problems than it is worth! I have seen dash wiring that has been fried due to the use of larger fuse's