Vt Saloon Car Build, Super Six Touring Car Racing

glenpos

Members dont see this ad

G'day everyone, the weekend was so good, car was awesome, 7.4 secs a lap faster than the ke70, i got a 1.49.3, and in the race that i got that time, lap 2 i got a 1.49.3730, lap 3 1.49.3010, lap 4 1.49.4980, i got the second fastest flying lap time in my class, but i got 3rd place as i didn't get a good out lap and they combine the fastest standing and flying laps, i'm only 4 secs of first place, i think with some semi slicks i can get that, i'll upload some vids tomorrow, the car was a bit tail happy :D fun hehe,

today i cut the center out of the standard wheel and bolted a sports wheel to it haha, boss kits are $300 :/ here is some pics :D

post-15067-0-32576600-1341990250_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-76436500-1341990268_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-20934800-1341990302_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-80342600-1341990324_thumb.jpg

as i said i'll put a few vids up tomorrow :D cheers glen

G'day, no it doesn't, the only place you can get a vt boss kit is off ebay, auto barn etc don't sell them, no commodore up to vt fit, i don't know about vz etc, the earlier vt is different and is the same as vs, but the later model ones are big

G'day, no it doesn't, the only place you can get a vt boss kit is off ebay, auto barn etc don't sell them, no commodore up to vt fit, i don't know about vz etc, the earlier vt is different and is the same as vs, but the later model ones are big

Ok, didn't know there was a difference but props on making your own.

Ok, didn't know there was a difference but props on making your own.

G'day, yeah they are pretty big, i went to autobarn and he had them for $60 then i looked at it and it was too small, then he said it was the early model one, apparently they don't sell them for the later ones haha, one thing i had to do was cut the indicator and wiper stalks off shorter as they com out then bend towards the wheel, but i can still use them and i don't really need them anyways haha, cheers

There isnt a heap of call for post VR boss kits as it's illegal to fit an aftermarket steering wheel.

VR (optional) and VS saw the introduction of the drivers airbag in the steering wheel, so removing an airbag wheel and fitting a fixed, aftermarket wheel is a no-no in the govt eyes.

• Upvote 1