Another 4Age Ke20

crunk81us

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...

holly crap man been super busy with work and that for last 7 months or so .. nek minut u got this thing running congrats dude putting me to shame . hey how did the surge tank work out and the civic radiator ,.. got so much more passion right now to do my girl up

Yeh I understand the busy with work thing. once the engine was in and running i just smashed it out. ebay civic rad with fan, almost never needs the fan, awesome at keeping the temps down, only just needs it at the end of the last lap in vid.. surge tank was easy, and its great for keeping the fuel/weight at a minimum, i can hear the lift pump rattle when the tank is getting real low, so i thro another 5 litres in.. I still have a couple of bits to do, I have a leak between the gearbox and bellhousing that i can't figure out. and a bad clutch slip issue (worse than in the vid) also working on an rn25 hilux diff and an arb air locker, half cage.. its going to be never ending i think.. brakes, suspension, stronger engine..

• 4 weeks later...

diff goes in next week to get shortened and diff flange centred, the air locker centre installed, and spring mounts relocated.

being 5 stud diff, i am looking at lots of options for the front brakes/suspension etc. I would love to keep my 13x6 114.3x4.. but oh well.

looking at the hopper stoppers big brake kit, ae86 coilovers from ttt and sundries.. omg! technotoytuning! i could go bankrupt with that site! will be chasing some nice lightweight 15" to fit 195 45 rubber.

the issue on my gearbox leaking is the front box bearing spacer that is required for the 4age bellhousing.. its getting turned now. and i am looking at a lightweight flywheel and clutch combo from fleabay usa to solve my slippage issues while the box is out.

theres always something to do on this thing. I just wanna drive it around and have fun

• 4 weeks later...

Dropped the box out.

Oil on clutch, looks burnt..

don't know if I want to risk of cleaning the used oily burnt clutch.. but don't have money to burn atm.

around $550 delivered is a flywheel clutch combo from the states.

Wont be doing the hilux diff for a while if at all..

welded standard borgy, and brakes staying for a while, as i search for a better (cheaper) option.. they're not so bad anyway.. maybe a remote booster.. I think i have one somewhere.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Update. New strut inserts, 20mm swaybar,full nolathane bush kit front and back, now ready to go in. Hoping to drop the entire front suspension and paint it all before reassembly. Also picked up some brake setup off a ke55 with appx 250mm vented rotors and calipers that fit under my 13's! Need to figure out what they are so I can get a decent set of pads. I was hoping they were Jdm ae86 brakes but these seem better. Got them off egay for bugger all bloke didn't know what he was selling :D

Will take some pics on the weekend.

Also in my parts bin to be going in very soon are some cam tech 272's performance springs adjustable gears and trd head gasket. Getting my spare head tidied up while it's off. Probably going haltech sprint or a new microtech. I will let my tuner decide haha

Almost forgot some 185/60/13 toyo proxes 888.

I simply cannot wait to have all this done! I took out first in class on street tyres with blown front shocks and dodgy brakes. Going to be so fast after this!

Oh a half cage is on it's way soon, and I will be discussing the idea of a bolt in front section.

brake upgrade started pulled the ke55 struts apart.

was a bit of a mission getting the caliper off as the wheel bearing needs loosening to get the caliper to move enough to be able to get the caliper bolt past the bottom of the strut. so start with the wheel bearing and work from there (backwards to the way i wld normally do it.

cleaned up the calipers with some vht paint.

IMG_1141_zps60768151.jpg

and a couple of pics showing the increase in size.

IMG_1137_zpsd8786b65.jpg

IMG_1138_zps9b5de26e.jpg

need to get rotors machined up and can start bolting it back together.

hoping to replace all my front end bushes and swaybar while its apart and might blow some paint on stuff while its out.

• 3 weeks later...

So the corolla got taken for a couple of very slow laps around the block.. Looks like the brakes and suspension are going to work (once I put the calipers on the opposite sides.. Dickhead lol) and the new tyres are so sticky I took half my driveway with me. Body roll is non existent.. I guess that's to be expected when u almost double the thickness of the swaybar :D and initial turn in feels amazing.

Picked up some deep dish 13x7 which fit real nice.. Though I need some flares now, should be here in a couple of days. Some pics coming.