Sign in to follow this  
4ke30

I Think Am Radio Is A Bit Old For Me

Ey guys just asking what a cheapish stereo system i can get for me ke30 as my am radio is busting my balls just after something average and compatible with my baby cheers

Members dont see this ad

hey mate.

Cd players are a standard size , they call it "DIN" size, most are a single din, but you can get double DIN which is your GPS units and fancy ones.

so pretty much any CD player you buy from JB hifi will be the same size. or go in to JB hifi, pick what you want, check price on ebay, and get them to match it;)

ive not installed anything in a ke30, but from a few pictures, it doesnt look like its a standard DIN size, so a bit of customisation will be required to mount your new cd player/radio.

if you like your radio, look into a DAB unit, i got a JVC one for around $240, DAB has some really good non commercial Chanels that just play music all day.

my am radio is busting my balls

Your tuning the wrong station bro!

Ok cheers man, I'm foing to mount it in te glove box which is no hastle Its just the wiring up thats intimidating, i think i got enough info to make a purchase and install it thanks man

Wiring is reasonably basic, just purchase a cheap voltmeter or test light and it'll make life so much easier. There are HEAPS of walk throughs on the internet for stereo installs. If you have any hassles give me a PM.

It just makes life easier finding wires that are running off power / accessory power. I bought a $10 one (you can probably get them cheaper) and I use it constantly. Such a handy tool. You can also make a test light from a 12v bulb which does the same thing.

test light.png

light will glow if power to wire.

yeh I wouldn't even bother with a voltmeter, as bzlbub said, just buy a cheap test light. Most useful tool ever for auto electrics and they're about 5 bucks.

There's something other than AM 3LO (that's ABC Melbourne to you youngsters) and Radio National???