Carry Nos Bottles In Cars

BUZ440

Now before you all jump on this,

Information pertaining carry NOS in cars,

I have spoken to gas suppliers, engineer shops, police and transport, all info is conflicting (isn't everything)

If you hold a dangerous goods card you are able to have NOS secured in your car, I'm quite aware that use of this is prohibited,

Anyone confirm perhaps

Members dont see this ad

Yeah a cabin full of nitrous sounds like a hilarious way to die.

I once saw a skyline at a workshop called "Drag me" while I was getting some dyno tuning done. The thing had a race fuel tune and a big nos setup. The owner poured a drum of C16 into it, swapped to a full Nos bottle, got it running, pointed towards the door of the shed and took off for the Gold coast. Plenty of people drive on the street with it, but its not a good idea. I'm pretty sure this dude was a salesman of some sort and not the kind of guy who needs to do a tax return. If you get my drift. Leave it up to these kind of morons.

So far as I can see you only need a dangerous goods licence and placard if you're transporting dangerous goods with a container having a capacity larger than 500kg or 500L. That's a fair bit of nitrous Carlos!

You've got me curious as to how it would possibly illegal now. It's only an oxidiser so not any more dangerous than carrying breathing oxygen.

For use in vehicles it's usually doped with sulfur dioxide so you can smell it if there's even a tiny leak. You'd be more likely to die from carbon monoxide poisoning than a nitrous leak.

As far as I've seen NOS in use with street cars.

It seems to mainly be on the back of drag ute's.

So its ventilated. Not sure if that makes it legal.

Yeah NOS isn't very poisonous.

Just thought i'd chuck my 2c in.

edit: 50 tonnes of NOS is a fair bit!

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo