1975 Ke20 1200 Hi-Deluxe Restoration

asirike20

Members dont see this ad

thanks mate,

today i touched my carb.......... the prob was the secondary didn't open so the car doesn't accelerate on load (4 passengers).

prob was with the A/C diaphragm..... somehow it was blocking the movement of the linkage......

so i adjust it and now it moves easily.......

but now the prob is when the secondary opens, it gives black smoke........ looks like the secondary main jet is too large.......

need to fix it up with a slightly small one......

ahhhhh what a pain in the ass it was.... lol

• 1 month later...

aaaahhhhhhhh that moment when you realize that your ROLLA's vintage AM radio is still working............ :rolls: :dance: :eatlead:

yeah yesterday i removed my meter panel to test another spare meter panel,

somehow i thought to think about my factory fitted AM only radio......... early in the restoration process i removed the speakers since they were badly damaged and didn't even think about the radio.......

but this time i thought to hook up an 8ohm speaker to test whether it works......... surprisingly she gave up some noise........ :yes: yaaaaaaahooooooo

i cannot believe a 40 year old radio is still working......... how reliable are these JNC s......... woooooooowwwwwwwwwwww

#Respect JAPAN from Sri Lanka.......

• 5 weeks later...

hey guys....

done a wooden gear knob in my free time.... i thought to go to an extra long shifter style.... and it came up nice

DSC03131_zps4ba58c8f.png

DSC03132_zps8ede3547.png

any comments???? trust me, i have done it using my...... what is it called??? a 2*2" piece of jack fruit wood block which i used to stop the car in the right spot in my garage...... lol

anyway check out this one... i started to repair my rear window defroster element. it is totally damaged..... have a look

DSC03082_zps386cde51.png

topmost element is partially done..... the compound is cheap but worth it.......

DSC03084_zps7504b99b.png

looking forward to complete the other lines too... it takes a lot of time to do it with the fitted windshield.....

• 3 weeks later...

i got tired of garage workers...... and well known carb tuners in my area.

non of em was able to solve my prob.

the prob was very poor gas mileage......

at last i jumped into the carb and found the solution.

the venturi gasket was leaking, and there is another leakage near the accelerator pump spray nozzle. And the primary main jet is also quite large.

so i did fix all the leakages and lowered the jet, and then before the carb goes in i adjusted the ignition timing spot on...... i mean spot on....

then the result.......... she's purring like a kitten...... what a difference :rocknroll:

oh what a feeling it is when you see water drips out from the exhaust :wub:

before it was full of black smoke inside the tailpipe end.....

i washed the shit out to see whether my work is fine....... yeeeessssss it's far more than fine.......

i've driven it for about 300km until now , there is almost no black shit in the tailpipe......

and more than anything now she's doing about 32mpg / 14kmpl on short runs or in city......

never tested it in a long runs...... but this it should do about 40mpg.... that is more than enough..... :dance:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

HI,

I'm new here...

I'm from portugal and I have a toyota ke20...

I want to ask you, if someone can post pictures of the entire air conditioner system?'

I'm looking for a air conditioner system, and I want to know how can I install it on ke20...

best regards,

Magno Campos

• 9 months later...

rear boot lid crome beedings came with deluxe,hideluxe,sl,gsl models and without standerd model.hey dude,i'm so worried about your tacho meter.it isn't match with your vehicle.try to findout original cluster set.i had saw one in alawwa.car was ruined,but dash was well.hey look the picture,this is my toyota corolla ke20 SL instrument pannel.it is with original tacho meter cluster.this is a my father's old car.he was bought it in 1978 as brand new one.it's cost was 53000 LKR.ha ha.my car's full ulposteries were damaged and i was turned to half ulpostery set before 3 years.

Just for the record that is my car in the picture and the tacho dash, and heater 3 gauges cluster are out of te27, the steering wheel is a wood grain ke25 one which I painted black and the 'jewel' in the center of the steering wheel is out of a ke30.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...