1975 Ke20 1200 Hi-Deluxe Restoration

asirike20

hay mate,don't use hot spark ignition convertion set.

if you want an electronic dizzy,it is possible to find it in local marcket.

this internal type 7K dizzy got from upul aiya's used vehicle spare parts shop,alawwa.cost is 1500 rupees......... :D it was stuck and didn't work mechanicaly.he didn't knew how to operate and work it is.

when i came back home,disassembled it and flushed well with WD40 and awtor(double blended kerosine).then replaced the ball bearing and assembled it carefully.then i was attached it to ignition coil with spark plug and rotate the bewel gear...oh...it works very well.... :thumbsup:

i had saw a 4K-U dizzy(external igniter module type) in auto plaza ananda international (pvt) ltd,kurunegala.cost was 14500rupees without igniter module.(igniter came with ignition coil.cost were both of them 4000rupees.)

in that way,i saw a 7K internal igniter type dizzy in PG motors,kurunegala.ooops......cost was 29000rupees. :oops:

3K-U/4K-U/4K-C dizzies with igniter module and 4K-J/5K/5K-C/5K-J/5K-U/7K dizzies are suitable for your engine.they are electronic dizzies. :thumbsup:

only 3K hasn't any emissio control system.

pls refer(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_K_engine)

3K-U means, 3K engine with TOYOTA TOTAL CLEAN-CATALYST(TTC-C)type japanese domestic version emission control system.

this system has single bed catalytic convertor between engine and silencer muffler(srilankan people called 'podi gediya',hah hah haaaa..),closed loop lamda oxygen senser,heat senser for silancer muffler,an air smog pump(vane type turbo super charger) for inject extra volume of gas to common rail air injection manifold of engine as bipass line,a common rail air injetion manifold,an air injection control valve with check valve,a vaccum switching valve,a vaccum control valve,a vaccum transmitted valve and an electronic emission control unit called emission control computer. these items came with 3K-C califonia emission control system also.

but vaccum hoses diagrams are different.

my corolla ke20 runs 16km to city and 20km to out station per 1lt without A/C,13 and 18 with A/C.

ke50 runs 14km to city and 18.5km o.s per 1lt,12 and 17 with A/C.

Edited by dharshana bandara

Members dont see this ad

ah now thats the difference........ but there is a unit in my engine bay which has two hoses, one goes to carb and the other one goes to the intake

i searched about it and found that it is called "Toyota charcoal canister" ... and google says that it prevents the harmful fumes that emits from the carb and the intake manifold.

DSC02858_zps9e582981.jpg

this pic was taken while i was getting know what the hell it is.... :wave:

ha ha now the connections are all right :yes:

i have recently bought a good set of genuine japan made plug wires and a distributor cup. because my original plug wires which came with the car is already cracked and leaking everywhere.... in the dark i can see a lot of fireworks in the engine bay :eatlead:

now the only thing remaining is to regrind the valves.... still haven't got time....

btw i forgot to tell you that my brother in law also bought a ke20. and this time it is a Sprinter

now it's in the last stages of the restoration... i'll throw up some pics of it after it's all done.. :yes:

and hers is my engine bay

DSC02509_zpsc3c5461d.jpg

DSC02510_zps1284f2ce.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

DSC02535.jpg

Edited by asirike20

ah thanks for sharing so much information with me....

according to all these specs, it looks like that i'm having a 3k-D engine with higher compression ratio than other 3k engines (10:1)

and more power at higher rpm(73ps @ 6600rpm) .

but i need to find out what is the difference between 3k-D and 3k-H

and at last i found the workshop/repair manual for the 3k engine :wootjump:

aha thanks mate.... this is very helpful.... :2thumbs:

really appreciate it :yes:

is there any way to repair the rear window defroster ?? i mean the the heating lines on the windshield ??? my ones are damaged and does not conduct electricity through the lines... it is the only thing that doesn't work on my car except the A/C.. i need to find a compressor or i have an idea to couple an electric a/c compressor to it.. but still no time to do it..

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

after a long time....

this time up with my bro in law's car...... it's a toyota sprinter Hi-Deluxe , bare metal restoration completed in about 9 months,

enjoy some pics

Image0614_zps31fa2526.jpg

Image0609_zps2b79ba3b.jpg

Image0620_zps05790622.jpg

and a shitty pic of two brothers lol

CorollavsSprinter_zpsd4f3f9b6.png

enjoy guys....... :thumbsup: and oh i forgot something................ "Wish you all a happy new 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" keep revving yo beauties :D

• 3 weeks later...

thought to restore the RT81 steering that i bought......

it was badly damaged due to idiotic removal try from the idiot who tried to remove it.

here's how it was when i bought it

DSC02708.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

yes i figured it out at last........ just press it down and turn

DSC02706.jpg

the ring was also bent badly........

so i removed the steering and fortunately the column switch was safe........ and it works as better as a new one........ i love the sound of it when it ticks.... tocks

i love that feeling, a fresh switch :rolls:

then the big challenge => how to round it up again?????????

simple solution => :hammer: hammered and hammered and hammered :finger:

and then the cracked face plate , solution => that bad shit called "araldite" .......... it really hardened rock hard :evil:

and the result

DSC03013_zps83d97903.png

it really gives a sporty feeling to my little twenny

sometimes => what????????????? a TE27 in sri lanka????????????? (i've never seen one in SL)

only thing i don't like is the leather of the ring i slippery :doh:

any idea to make it feel comfortable to hands , but not by adding a cover....

any idea guys???????

anyway enjoy guys..........

what a beautiful sprinter!!!!!!!!!!!love it...

change your gear box 4fd to 5fd

u can use `k series 5 speed box called "K50",comes with ke50,ke55,ke72,ke74,km20,kr41and kr42 or AA60 carina gear box.but carina bell-housing is different.do u need extra informations,ask me.because i was exchanged my gear box of corolla 50 with carina AA60's K50 5speed gear box.

now it runs 13km in city and 19km in outstations with A/C.grate fuel consumption!!!!!!!!!!!

hay dude,if u want a k series pdf manual,send me your email to "[email protected]"

i had scanned my manual.