Ae92 Nove New Project

Clint02

Hey guys.. I'll make this quick and simple to start with..

Had a Ae92 1990 Nova for a few years got board with my old car so time to put some money and work on this one.

Pulled the Engine out the other day replaced the Gluth with a Heavy duty Performance Cluth (in the box)

New timing Belt.... some engine mounts. oil.. water .. ect ect..

Threw some custom after marker extractors with a 2" sports performance exhuast cat back ... (Muffler not Cannon lol)

And got a DGV 5A Weber carby conversion kit (also in the box)..

Will Add more in a few days with some pics.... This is what has been done so far. Alot of Repaire work needed on electrics still with a few more mods... anyway guys love comments hope u enjoy pics... tommrow..

Edited by Clint02

Members dont see this ad

done a few hours of work on her today... Got the carby tuned, Fixxed all the vac leaks. got the speedo, tacho, fuel guage and dash lights working again... And also threw in a Sony sound system (x2 6" x2 6.9" Head deck. 600 Watt amp - 1000 what Sub with a box) and also connect 2 stock speakers under the dash as well sounds insane....

Still needs a bit more work.. example Temp Gauge.. cable 2 open boot.. Tyres... complete the body repaires ect ect lol

Any way guys took these pics while at my girl friends house at night time will up load a few more in a few days when more is complete and in the sunlight lol..

Any way guys tell me what u think.. All comments welcome... Hope ues enjoy

Hey guys spent some money and done some more work on her today....

Fixxed the dash lights (Lights that light up the cluster) with the Dimmer.. Also replaced the webbing in the Front seats..

Installed a Bosch GT40 Coil (in the box).. Also Set up the Manual Choke for the webber...

Brought 2 breand new tyres for the Front...and Angle Grinded the Gear Stick down by like 1/2 way 2/3rds And replaced the Factory H pattern knob With a Cheap after market Eagle Gear Knob...

post-15271-0-35771100-1341579272_thumb.jpgpost-15271-0-74951400-1341579452_thumb.jpgpost-15271-0-19893800-1341579527_thumb.jpg

Almost happy with the engine for now...Most likely save for a lil to buy a 4AGE 20 Value Block and reco it with a boar out, And get a set of custom Cams Along with Heavy Value springs, Larger pistions - Values, Ect... (this is the way i am thinking of going next for more power modes, If anyone has any suggestions, would Love your input)

Turning most of my attention to the interior, exteroir, Handling And Suspension in the next few days....

Let me know what you guys think (seroius comments only plz).

Edited by Clint02

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys got some time on my hands in the next few days along with some cash to back it...

So i'm going to Start off by giving her a 2nd coat of Bogg in the passenger side Rear Panel (3 coats Idealy before paint).. Indian Cab driver ran up my arse and bailed outa there (true and unbelivable dodgy story behind it)..

Give the roof a touch up (sand that nasty surface rust off) and spray it with some surface primer only needs to keep it rust free for a few weeks, while I line up the paint job.

Also need new wheel bearings for the front passenger wheel.

Brought a new temperature senor but the Temp Guage shoots striaght to red. Going to run a new wire from the senor 2 the cluster. If that don't work... will go and get a Stock AE92 Corolla CSi Cluster (1 with the tacho like they should all have LOL)

Will also try and get around to replaceing the boot cable.

Would also love to pull the driver side door off and replace it with a new one, (Got Vandalised by a 2 legged dog I had helped plenty of times) However tho so far i have been qouted some out rageous prices for a door inculding the wreakers, So might just have 2 pull it apart a fix it - ex: unbend window rail, new cables for lock, hard core bend the top half of the door so it closers normally again.

Also would not mind wiring up some Cheap Neons under the dash 2 a switch along with getting some Green LED Traffic lights off 1 of my friends and Wiring them into my Sub. Along the interior roof, And maybe a few under the car. (Will also wire the Sub LED system into a switch, would not be good to drive past the cops with a disco going on inside lol.

Anyway guys i'll upload some photos and let ues know how it gose over the next few days

Edited by Clint02

Brought 2 breand new tyres for the Front...and Angle Grinded the Gear Stick down by like 1/2 way 2/3rds And replaced the Factory H pattern knob With a Cheap after market Eagle Gear Knob...

Please tell me you put a thread on the stick after doing this..................

Other than that, good job dude, I'm sure the motor sounds sweet with that carb and the extractors!

If you are going to focus on the handling get a rear sway bar and coilovers straight away... then get a good set of tyres! can't go wrong mate! ;)

Edited by Subaru_kid

Please tell me you put a thread on the stick after doing this..................

Other than that, good job dude, I'm sure the motor sounds sweet with that carb and the extractors!

If you are going to focus on the handling get a rear sway bar and coilovers straight away... then get a good set of tyres! can't go wrong mate! ;)

yeah thxs bro love the idea of getting a strut brace was not all to sure which way to go next in handeling wise...

And also bro with the Gear knob.. no tread for the after market one, Its held on BY 3 lil Allen Key Screws.. Spent no word of a lie almost 1 whole hour getting the Eagle Knob on Perfect so it dosn't move, looks straight ect ect... lil bit of a perfectionest lol.. Already the cops have complained about it once cause it has no H pattern.. so was thinking of InGraving a H pattern next to my Gear stick like they are is some of the BMWs.. theres also a few other cars with the H Pattern Below or to the right hand side of the Gear stick... Need 2 be able 2 see the H pattern Clearly in the drivers seat to stop them from havin a cry

And yeah bro with the Exhuast and the weber... i push it to 7k RMP np.. if i let her she would just keep reving higher..But we all know they only made to REDLINE at 6K RPM... 2nd Gear 105 KM/h 7.500 RPM And the engine sounds Amazing still at them Revs with no Power Lose at all as she revs harder....I'll keep the Revs and gear speeds uptodate as well... my Ideal Goal would be to have her reving at 12+ K

Edited by Clint02

Handy little tip for your gear stick. If you haven't already done this, find the markings on the shaft left by the allen key screws and file a flat surface along the marks.

That way the knob won't have any play in it as over time it will loosen on a round surface. By making a flat surface it won't ever come loose.

I wouldn't quite bet on 12k rpm, 9k rpm would be a reasonable figure but that would set you back around the $6000 mark. You have to consider a full engine balance,

lightweight internals, high duration cams with high lift, lightened flywheel, all new valve train, oil cooler maybe even a dry sump system (a bit expensive and overkill) because at 9000 rpm running low on

oil coming round a corner would starve the engine of oil and say bye bye to the engine. At least baffle the sump if you can't get a dry sump system.

There is nothing stopping you revving to 9k rpm but without those types of mods it won't be long before a rod decides to exit the side of your block or a big end bearing gives up.

Beyond 9,000 rpm is easily $8000 plus as you want reliability.

Good luck and happy modding!

Oh and I forgot to mention in terms of handling you would want to look out for a front strut brace, I wouldn't go too crazy on a rear sway bar. Maybe 2mm more in diameter over your old one.

Barry aka Bazda over on the twincam forums does coilovers for corollas, he might actually have something for your model. Maximum spring rates I would get is 6kg front and 4kg rear with dampening

set all the way soft for comfort. Stopping power I would suggest an AE92 SX series 2 brake upgrade or if you can't get that get a decent quality pad like EBC Greenstuff/Redstuff pads (I say EBC because that's

all I have used, not sure about others). For tyre size I would suggest something like 195's, you can go slightly wider but I wouldn't go past 205s.

That should get you started in some direction at least, some mods you may not like but at least you get an idea of what to pay attention to.

20mm rear sway bar and 8/6 kg coilovers with sport valving is the way to go! Its been proven by many AE corollas!

Get an aftermarket front brace because the stock stuff is flimsy.

Do the front sway bar bushes to aid in turn-in response.

Depends on your tyres but your alingment will work well with 2 degree front camber, 1.5 rear camber, tiny bit of front toe out and nuetral toe rear.

As for comfort i run 6/4s with race valving and i still find it too soft for my liking...

Other people like softer suspension but i feel uncomfortable and unsafe in a car with soft sussy.

Each to their own.

For a good daily tyre get either toyo R1Rs or if you want a bit more life try the kumho KU31s. 195/50/15 is a good enough size for the car, 205/50/15 is good for the track and daily use if you have trouble finding 195s

Edited by Subaru_kid

Subaru-Kid: Love your input, keep it coming bro..Will probably be going with set up you said for sturt bracers and I like the sound of the Coilcovers along with a set of king springs would be nice.. Thxs a tone for the advice on Tyre specs bro, Got a tone of conections so tyres for me come cheap..

Twinky: thxs for your input to bro accepting all ideas atm. but 6-8K to build my engine to what u said.... Hmm maybe for a norrmal person but shit no bro looking at all labour free done professionally in a work shop with all the correct tools if need be for that job. as i said to Subaru-kid i have some good connections..Mates in all different parts of the automotive Industry

Brought a new wheel hub kit to replace my front passanger wheel bearing..

Turns out your need a Presser for the AE92 wheel Bearings. So ended up calling a friend and went to his workshop to ues the presser afterhours and shit lol say no more its one nasty ares job to do...

Still Waiting on a Sunny day so i can start working on the body. lol also kinda lazy