Good Shipping Company

paul038

Members dont see this ad

Yeah, e-go is usually cheap and good, but I had come brakes shipped and because the box broke they just left it at depot for 2 weeks till i finally poped in and asked and they said yeah the box broke, so just make sure it's packaged well and recieve it fine. I also wouldn't be too keen on buying an engine without hearing it running but hey that's just me.

I've used e-go a few times for shipping engines and gearboxes. Depot-to-depot delivery since it's cheaper. Haven't had any major issues with them, just sometimes it can take a while or it's sitting at the depot and they don't call you. The online tracking does not update or say it has arrived. No customer service, just an email contact on the website, so if something gets lost it's hard to contact them. There is optional insurance. E-go is part of hunter express, but if you call them up they say they don't deal with e-go freight. They outsource their service, e.g. in Tassie it's Road Runners freight that does the delivery. So if something happens, the point where the freight was dropped off and delivered can be used as a contact.

If sending through them, need to make sure the freight is secure and have the consignment note number and your contact details written on, just in case the consignment note (barcode) printout comes off. Should be OK. I would only use them for heavy auto parts, fragile things I would use another courier.

Edited by bruce

Had 5 windscreens sent from Brisbane to Melbourne via E-go. This is the only time I have had experience with them. They rang ahead to arrange a delivery time and then two massive polynesian guys just picked them up out of the back of the truck like it was nothing, and popped them on the verandah.

The price was pretty good too. Had heard mixed reports, but this one experience was very good. Generally I have found all courier companies are crap - whether it's a small or big item. Unless you use Marken or World Courier who are excellent always, but also hella expensive.