• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, this has gone quiet so I'll post up one I am personally involved with.

RACV Energy Breakthrough http://www.racvenergybreakthrough.net/

None of this wimpy 6 hour stuff, we are going twice around the clock. Yep 24 hours of racing for school teams. Heaps of classes, hybrid, human powered or electric/petrol only vehicles on two tracks.

don't think that school made means POS. Some of these things are seriously high tech. Carbon fibre/kevlar composites are getting common. Have seen back to pit telemetry being used. Both track have speed limits put on them (nudge nudge) to control the speed somewhat, even so a good team can clock nearly 1000km in 24 hours. I know our beasty can clock 70km/h................

So if you are doing nothing on the weekend 24th 25th November, come up and say g'day. I'll be managing team "RUN A MUK" on the Holden track, hopefully having an easy time of it - although some nasty issues are cropping up with the old girl during practice :(

• 3 weeks later...

Well, managed to get through scruiteneering without an issue except for not having yellow triangles showing where to lift the canopy........................ Presentations are out of the way and firing up for qualifying tonight.

Fingers crossed it will be Pole for a third time in a row :)

Found the "idiot on the mountain bike". Great chat saturday Luke, hope you liked what you saw - any contibutions gratefully accepted ;)

Well after 24 hours of hard racing, the team finished with 2nd outright on track and second in class. Also awarded second in the overall class award that includes the race result, and the results of two presentations.

Now off to sleep and then think about how to make it quicker next year..............insert evil laugh