3Sge In Ke16

Hi guys, I'm looking at putting a Beams motor in my ke16, I really want this engine in my wagon but not sure if it will fit? All the engineers I've spoken to have told me if I cut the firewall and trans tunnel I can kiss a mod plate goodbye. I've looked at the builds that have happened with similar cars and engine and firewall and tunnel have been chopped out. But also have seen a few that look unmodified at the firewall. I was also looking at putting a w58 gbox on as it looks heaps smaller than the standard altezza 6 speed. Is there anyway you guys can think of to make this work?

Members dont see this ad

Lol what is everyones obsession with trying to put engines that are clearly too big in these things?

You won't have to worry about lifting the front wheels when you launch atleast.. Just the back ones when you stop.

The obsession is to have a car that will start every time, make 200hp at the wheels all day long stock and the fact it's a Toyota motor. The engines not to big, it fits perfectly... there is nothing more snug than a Beams in a ke1x... it is like they were meant to be. Who wants a 5k or 7k that's 30 years old and is bored, stroked and ported to the limit to make 100kw and crack heads blows to pieces etc...

I don't see why you think the Beams is heavy... it's 6kg more than an SR20 and the gearbox is the same as the 6 speed autech box. I've worked it out, mine and Lukes car should be around 890-920kg. With 180kw at the wheel's it won't be mucking around.

425422_169339656508164_752336845_n.jpg

320386_4305608206409_1284510638_n.jpg

Nothing beats a Beams on quads... best NA Toyota Motor other than the 4a

It was those two videos that made me decide on a Beams..

Lol. Make it look factory? If ur not a shit ʇ~~ɔ with fabrication u can make it look original!

How many people know what a ke10 firewall or transtunnel looks like :)

That's exactly right and that's why I'm struggling to find a good panelbeater/metal worker in Sydney that doesn't charge 4 grand for a firewall and tunnel..... I want it to look standard.

Nearly nobody would know what they look like.. aslong as it isn't flat sheet metal, has a few curves, some bumps and visible spot welds people would think it's stock as a rock!

• Upvote 1

The obsession is to have a car that will start every time, make 200hp at the wheels all day long stock and the fact it's a Toyota motor. The engines not to big, it fits perfectly... there is nothing more snug than a Beams in a ke1x... it is like they were meant to be. Who wants a 5k or 7k that's 30 years old and is bored, stroked and ported to the limit to make 100kw and crack heads blows to pieces etc...

I don't see why you think the Beams is heavy... it's 6kg more than an SR20 and the gearbox is the same as the 6 speed autech box. I've worked it out, mine and Lukes car should be around 890-920kg. With 180kw at the wheel's it won't be mucking around.

We obviously have different definitions of words. It hardly "fits perfectly" when you have to cut out the firewall.. It fits yes, but that isn't perfect. Perfect would be without chassis/ body modifications.

2; 7k's aren't 30 years old for the most part, just an fyi..

3; Because for a 650kg car, the beams IS heavy compared to a K motor the car was designed for.

You 2 have practically redesigned the entire front end of the car to give it a chance of handling.

I've said to you before what i think of "300kw beams in ke10" idea, and i stick by it.

At the end of the day it's your car, and props for doing something different, but i wouldn't be encouraging other people to do it without first directing them to one of the two threads so they can see what actually has to be done.