Are You A New Vic Member?

kangaroosa

considering simmilar thing on my mates straight 8 in his 51 buick i had to talk him out of two carbs. But a flat slide motorbike carb per pot would be the way to do it i recken, that would class as old skool as thats all they would have had back then.

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 months later...

Welcome to the club Mate.

First of all, can you please add your location to your profile. Just helps us to gauge where members are from etc. So we can suggest wreckers or other members in your area.

Peter Robinson Automotive

17 Carinish Road

Oakleigh South

9544 1162

He normally has a stockpile of parts for all makes and models of older Corollas.

How did you find Rollaclub?

don't forget to use the Search feature and the FAQ. Have a read of the threads that are of interest to you before starting new topics.

You can email the pics to me and i'll post them up for you. Alternatively, you could start a thread in the Rides and Projects section. Add your pics there, or i'll do it for you if you like.

kangaroosa at optusnet dot com dot au

thanks guys yeah thats why i become a member because your all nice thanks NOBBLER and kangaroosa could i ring them today ?? thanks boys do any of yous have msn so i can speak to you there hceers

There is a topic Pinned in the VIC section with all the MSN addresses of the people who wish to chat online.

Here it is. MSN

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree, welcome Kasper!

Hope we can be of service he in the vic section and the rest or Rollaclub.

As Poz mentioned, there are a few '82's in Vic... mine included! So give us a hoy if you need a hand.

Anyway, enjoy your time here and if your nice we will be nice back!

Jarrad

Edited by TheNOBBLER

Nah, it's a 4-ac. Received it today, had a drive before. Bloody car dealer though... hands it over with the tank on empty. I filled it with premium after reading the owner's manual (recommended premium with 97 octane), however I am curious as to whether I should bother - surely running regular petrol can't be that bad for the engine. I am a uni student, and don't really want to be paying extra for petrol that makes no difference.

Edited by kasper_flip

Nah, it's a 4-ac. Received it today, had a drive before. Bloody car dealer though... hands it over with the tank on empty. I filled it with premium after reading the owner's manual (recommended premium with 97 octane), however I am curious as to whether I should bother - surely running regular petrol can't be that bad for the engine. I am a uni student, and don't really want to be paying extra for petrol that makes no difference.

Ha HA I personally would ask "thenobbler" about that one, he runs a b/port 16v/20v Hybrid its about 11ish:1 comp and rumor has it that it used to run std 91ron unleaded.

Good luck with your rolla Kasper "webers and the nobbler" love there Ae-82`s so they and a heap of others on hear have lots of info that will be usefull for you.

Welcome and hope to see your minta 82 soon as there is a Drive-in thats being organised as i write this.

stu.

You could probably get away with running normal unleaded on colder days, but I personally would use premium on warmer ones if you wanted to make the motor last. I found with my twinky that on the warmer months its better to run the 98, but when I first got it (Aug last year), it was no dramas on 95. I can't tell the difference in performance, but I get paranoid about detenation/pinging. I'm very fastidious about my car even though I do drive it. :P

"Probably not as its a sedan... but we can soon fix that!" Quoted by The Nobbler

Hell Yeah!!!!! :dance: