Are You A New Vic Member?

kangaroosa

how are ya fellas... names nathan mates call me riddla. I'm from brookfield (melton south). i just brought a 1980 ke55 sedan last week end metalic green 4spd manual iv only had it for just over a day nd I'm already in love wih it..

post-13537-005043500 1305545480_thumb.jpg

post-13537-003070000 1305545495_thumb.jpg

post-13537-060096800 1305545553_thumb.jpg

post-13537-049882400 1305545578_thumb.jpg

post-13537-019301500 1305545603_thumb.jpg

Edited by RIDDLA

Members dont see this ad

Hi guys, I'm Dean from Wheelers Hill AKA Huntsman. Have a 1981 Corolla Panelvan that I want to do up. Not a car person as such but a Personal Trainer and was going to kit it out as my little Bootcamp Van. Needs a little work although still looks pretty good.

Ill post some picks soon as I only just signed up.

Can't seem to find any around to compare prices with, I have been told the Panelvans are hard to come across. So don't know whether to sell it to someone who will really appreciate it or leave it to rust a little more at home as I can't seem to find the time to continue the project.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

post-13623-0-53364000-1306469991_thumb.jpgpost-13623-0-23006200-1306470013_thumb.jpgpost-13623-0-69532700-1306470030_thumb.jpg

Huntsman

Edited by Huntsman

Hi guys, I'm Dean from Wheelers Hill AKA Huntsman.

Hey Dean! Welcome to the club :y:

Corollas aren't usually worth much more than a set of golf clubs or even a brand new Nissan Micra...

But I assure you everyone here thinks they're priceless because of their character and simplicity.

They're a good solid daily, easy to get CHEAP parts for, and highly customisable.

If you're looking into starting to modify cars, you've made the perfect choice!

An '81 panelvan is hard to come across. Keep in mind, that the panels and trims are different to the sedan, and aren't easy to find. They're the same as T-18s.

If I were you, I'd lower it 2" and find the original set of chrome bumpers, and you're set. Inspiration.

Goodluck.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I'm Joe, living in North East Vic near Wangaratta....

Bought the KE70 for $400 from the side of the road around here... then drove it home! replaced an exhaust gasket, bought some wheels off here, and a steering wheel from ebay and put it on a trailer to it's first khanacross a couple of weeks ago... came 8th overall outta 22. The only other in the 1300 class for the day came first overall, who said you need ppower to win?! :lolcry:

Got some extractors on the way and a weber in the shed and looking to make it handle ok over the coming months. Going to get some 'historic' club reg for it too, save having to worry about mods and proper RWC!

Got a lotta info form here so far and will keep you all posted on the 70's progress.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, my name's Jarrad, eastern suburbs, and I'm brand new here.

Long time lurker however haha.

I picked myself up a yellow KE70 a couple weeks ago after a long infatuation with them, here she is the day I bought her:

270889_2075857490302_1060892044_2351027_2600953_n.jpg

It's a stock-as-a-rock '84 slanty - super clean with a bit of a dodgy repair in the boot which is all fixed now.

Dad's a panel beater so I've been spending the last couple weeks working to get it ready for RWC repairing rust (as I'm sure you can all sympathise, haha)

It'll be going on CH permit as we're Pontiac Car Club members, having a '77 Trans Am and a '63 Catalina to keep the K-sev company.

I've acquired the parts for a flat front conversion with quadlamps, but I'll be sure to keep the original front if I ever wish to revert it.

I managed to get RT104 lamps fomr a Corona - the bases are all steel so cutting and welding to mount them will be no problems - I'm not scared to try things.

Good to finally sign up :)

• 6 months later...

G'day another newbie from the Eastern 'burbs, only been here about 10 months moved with the missus from W.A. so still learning the 'whoz who' etc

looking at getting another '73 2 door, had one back in Perth but regretted ever selling it so hopefully I can get the joy back

Hey all, my names Dave I'm also new here . Ive all ways had a soft spot for rollas and just recently perchest my self a KE70, as a bit of a project and to become my daily drive as my other car was just in a prang and won't be getting fixed quickly I had to take the matter to Cort, hopefully will have my rolla on the road in a few weeks and look forward to seeing ya all out there . \\nn//(0__•)\\nn//

Edited by MulishesKE70

hey guys,

My names Matt or MattJA in the forums. I live in Mildura NW of Vic. New to rollas and the forums. I have a ke25 delux atm, stripped right down as i just started my project. although I'm looking for another ke25 coupe running (or close to it) so pleeease let me know of any, close to stock the better. around the $1000 mark. I have been looking everywhere.

Looking to put a 3sge or 2T, 4age into her, but not sure. Too many options.

Cheers boys and girls.

• 1 month later...
post-15478-0-10245600-1329816579_thumb.jpg hey guys my name is Daniel.. i moved over from Tassie about 2 months ago and am now living in brunswick. here's my ke70. shes stock atm but give it time. hope to catch up with some of you guys in the near future and no doubt ill need a hand off someone someday for an engine conversion or just general info. cheers Guys/Gals

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm ash, been lurking a while looking for parts for a Liteace....

Not really a Corolla by any strech, but the van I just bought is a 5k... so sort of fits here :)

mainly planning on using the van for transporting dirtbike and occasional over-nighters so I don't have to sleep outside on the ground :P

Over in Mont Albert North.

Will be looking for RWC Centers in the next week or so, hopefully not too much to fix up.