5K Cylinder 1 Not Firing, Valve Problem?

RA28GT

Hey guys I've just out a 5k in my 26 that has had a little amount of work done to it at some point, put new carbies on there and got it running.

Only problem is that cylinder 1 doesnt do anything! So far I've figured out that compression is good, I've got spark (at the plug), valve springs and push rods are fine and I have fuel as its on the plug when I pull it out.

As I'm a novice mechanically what else could I be looking at? I'm assuming a valve problem?

Edited by RA28GT

Members dont see this ad
Ok making progress with this its almost defiantly a fuel/carby issue.

Only if it is a leak into the manifold at #1, otherwise surely a fuel issue would affect all 4 cyls. If its twin carb then it would affect 1 & 2 cyls the same.

Do what Trev says to start with and see if the misfire follows the plug or lead. The compression test should show up any valve problem, so there is not much else that can be causing it. What were the compression readings?

Tried swapping the plug and lead?

Yep lead and plug makes no change, both cylinder 1 and 2 are very weak at idle, no change in 1 with the lead removed and a tiny change in cylinder 2 with the lead removed.

Its twin Dellortos so I'm thinking an issue with the front carby. They were rebuilt 6 months ago and have sat until this time, so never been run.