1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion

maccat01

• 7 months later...
Members dont see this ad

Hey all.

So there is movement a happening with the corolla. More out of necessity then want however.

I dropped the racing Rolla at my uncles sometime in 2013 and since then very little has been achieved ( life was happening around the corolla).

So shes coming back to me in the same condition as she went away in :-/.

However, I have a good mate who wishes to return to metal work and welding so he has accepted the huge task of all the Rolla related welding ( the guy can build a full trailer from scratch in a weekend).

I'm hoping when she returnes in the next couple of week that it will only take a couple of weeks to get her running ( without paint however)

Regards macca

• Upvote 1

In other news, the old green Rolla took newish silver rolla in the doot and has sustained some damage around the rear section.

A 90 year old bloke was on his mobile while driving.

Thanks to Shannons however, I got some cash for my trouble and salvage rites to the car.

Week later I bought my pops 06 vectra with 36km on it and a new p plater promptly smashed into the back of that one too :-( same f#$king corner!!!!!

DSC_0271.thumb.JPG.73d14332c8a25dd26bb6c5580553d1dd.JPG

DSC_0268.thumb.JPG.b77c3126bca5670e8e2a9fc0ec99970a.JPG

The green thing is being shipped out to my mums place so the racing Rolla can move in. Will be keeping the green thing for my boy as his first car, but hes not quite two yet so plenty of time to work on it.

I will be filming the rest of my build and posting it on my youtube channel.

My mates have told me I have a video voice akin to Kermit the frog, but that aside, hopefully some of the new guys around he will be able to learn a few tricks of the trade.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiTUFBpihKUPv7QKit7J1Ng

Regards macca

• 3 weeks later...

Less then a month till the rolla is back.

Here is some current work done

DSC_0896.thumb.JPG.2da4f3bdd365d27e1c4a5ef7c831c01f.JPG

DSC_0899.thumb.JPG.28af6942880f30a1897cd9db5d4f26dd.JPG

Hopefully the best handling car in the land!!! So much spent on suspension and braking.

Still have to repaint the blue bits orange, but untill i can find a cheap powder coater they will remain blue. Might be nice to have a bit of contrast to all the orange and silver.

Hey mate.

So shockworks built these as a bit of a bitsa for me.

Purchased along time ago however.

They are S13 silvia top hats, on an ae86 shock kit with ke70 internal shock valving.

Rear shocks slighty softer then normal shockworks items as they are being used with the original leafs and not ae86 coils.

I also optioned to get the rca kit aswell cause they threw it in for $80.

They are a superb company to deal with and also did the welding on the xt130 spindles that are fitted.

Macca

Edited by maccat01

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

So had so new thoughts about the project.

I am no longer supercharging this car. I have found that getting an intake manifold fabricated, getting a heat exchanger installed inside that intake manifold along with the rest of the air to water intercooling system installation is extremely expensive. The supercharger is also super heavy and finding a place on the engine block to mount brackets for it isnt possible with all the ancillaries in the way.

So now new plans - it will now be getting turbocharged :-D. Going that route i don't need to fabricate an exhaust manifold as i can get a turbo manifold for fairly cheap. I will them be running a garrett gt30/35 of similar.

Its also much easier to intercool and takes up less space under the bonnet. I can also get more power out of it easier :-D

Mac