1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion

maccat01

Have now finished cutting out dash to fit the s2000 cluster. I cut a piece of the Honda cluster surround out to use so I can neatly recess the cluster and so it have a bit of shade from the sun. These dashes are a nightmare to see in sun light. The f20c will not start without a standard s2000 cluster...

post-16294-0-84057500-1374935107_thumb.jpg

Have also purchased some steel to fabricate my transmission and engine mounts.

I will be using 26mm suspension bushes in my trans mounts and 45mm suspension bushes in my engine mounts.

Members dont see this ad

So ive managed to snare a good condition bonnet with chrome vents, ship from a bloke in queensland for $150. Was a great score. But when toll shipped it the ends of the bonnet got bent!!!!! bit of a pain in the ass but still in pretty good condition. The webbing on the underside is still stuck to the outerskin so bonus!!!!

So I'm bout to order my suspension from shockworks in melbourne.

It consists of xt130 spindles welded to ae86 coilvers with s13 silvia strut tops.

Will be running the ae86 rear shocks too. Just without the coil and the spring seat. Should look overrated and goes great with my planned colour scheme ;-D will post pics when they arrive

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just purchased ke20 license plate lights for my rear bar. All new Superpro bushes are on the way and ive cut the engine crossmember appart.

Hoping to get some more done this weekend.

In half way through polishing all the engine ancillaries and have started to remove the casting marks from the gear box.

I'm hoping that when its all polished, that i can keep it polished and with no texture left on the aluminium, it should be fairly easy to upkeep with a touch of polish.

I have sourced some S13WB hilux calipers and they are being refurbished and they will be mated to the xt130 coilvers with a ford transit front brake rotor.

Havent achieved much on the car lately as my job has been pretty fullon lately.

Pics to come soon.

Yeah mate. Its a pain in the arse to fit. But as I have welded the s2000 trans tunnel into the corolla i thought id use as much honda as possible.

I have the full wiring harness going in, lengthened and shortened in different places to fit the four door body. I'm installing the s2000 dash controls and the indicator and washer stalks. All the door locks are honda as is the fuel pump. The s2k pedals, booster and master cylinder are also in there.

Its different but very time consuming.

Looking good mate, good to hear your also using as many s2k parts as possible. I must say your taking it alot further than me, keen as to see it come together. I was also considering the aircon side of things as i have all the bits also but I'm not sure ill go that way. Might have to see how you do your ac set up and get a few ideas. Keep those pics coming !

Cheers mick. Progress has been slow lately due to low bank account and needing to buy a new welder.

Ive gone down the path of putting the S2k transmission tunnel into the corolla and It will be extended right back underneath the rear EVO seats.

I had to sell my new WRX to enable my build so i want it to be as modern as possible. With the S2K tunnel and ke30 dash together in the car there is only about an in ch of space between then. There also isnt much room for the front seats, as recaro seats are built for skinny people, but for some reason the seats are extremely wide.

When the new welder turns up I will finish the crossmember.

Pics of your car have been very helpful in pointing me in the right direction. Instead of attaching checkerplate to the bottom of the cross member though, I will be welding some three mm sheet to plate where I have cut and will be welding six mm plate under the engine mounts. As I am only a beginner welder, I need tgo make the job as easy as possible for myself.

Pics to come later tonight

Some pics that have been left out.

I mounted both the seats in the car and they only just clear the door trims..... I want to keep the s2k trans tunnel as it came from the honda for the strength.. Ill probably end up cutting the whole trans tunnel out of car so there will be much more room when the honda one is in there.

Was also trying to achieve an impossible dream by doing panel work with a gasless mig.... not good. So my new CIG weld mig will arrived this week some time so i can start to clean up my own mess!!!! NEVER GASLESS MIG A CAR BODY... DISASTER.... The perils of learning i guess

post-16294-0-34322800-1378812615_thumb.jpg

post-16294-0-90887100-1378812657_thumb.jpg

post-16294-0-73847700-1378812706_thumb.jpg

post-16294-0-61617800-1378812758_thumb.jpg

post-16294-0-94532800-1378813469_thumb.jpg

Edited by maccat01

Crappy welding? Let me irtroduce you to Mr Grinder! Many an abysmal weld has been made to look great by the application of time, elctricity and grinding discs.. sometimes even cutting discs! Besides, a lot of those welds will not be seen!

However, there is no solution like gas with Mig, it is well worth the many dollars it costs!

Getting the power down through the rear suspension will be interesting!