1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion

maccat01

I ended you getting a 130amp cigweld gas mig and an auto dark visor from masters hardware brand bew for $300. It was a fathers day special... can't say no to that price!!!!

Ive seen that mick broke his tail shaft but I would have never imagined a honda engine breaking anything. A sewing machine has more torque... haha. Might be a different story supercharged :-)

Members dont see this ad

Now brakes are 95% complete.

Only the rotors to buy now. 2005 transit ford rotors for fronts and ma70 supra rotors for rear.

Transit ones need a lip grinded out o they bolts sit flat. Other then that good to bolt on. :)

Also, due to the calipers having huge vent fins on the outside edge, I was informed that finding wheels to fit would be very difficult. But I tried my BF Falcon 16 inch steelies on the setup yesterday and they fit awesome :). So I'm hoping 95% of wheels that will fit to a Falcon will fit to my car.

Edited by maccat01

• 2 weeks later...

Moving along great mate. What paint did you use on the brakes??? I just have heard of some people painting their brakes all nice and shiny and then within a month of driving they look like crap. Anyway the progress is great, crossmember looks great, and good luck with the wheels, keep me informed of the outcome.

The Paint is VHT high temp caliper paint, with their clear coat applied over the top.

The first set of hilux calipers I did chipped very bad due to sitting in garage. I primered, coloured and clear coated as per manufactured instructions but still it flaked off. I called the manufacturer and they told me the primer is useless and just to colour. I still applied the clear though, as want the decals to stay on when cleaning the calipers.

Just gopt new welder and crossmember is almost done now. Will post pics soon

• 2 weeks later...

On Wednesday I purchased the missing piece to my corolla stereo install.

This type of Subwoofer was extremely hard to find as they are almost a 9 year old model. I wanted all my speakers to match so the install looked tidier.

I apologise for the pic of the speakers being rubbish. Phone flash went AWOL.

I kept some bits from my my11 WRX stereo setup as the usb interface installed in the wrx was very tidy.

Will be installed in new transmission tunnel with S2000 console.

post-16294-0-49695800-1381407252_thumb.jpg

post-16294-0-90834300-1381407294_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great build Dave and good choice in engine. :thumbsup:

I'm using the f20c in my clubman build. The airpump is not needed and as you have discovered it will throw a CEL code. as you know there is a small circuit board you can get that will trick the ecu into thinking the air pump is still there. I bought the circuit and its seems pretty easy to wire up but haven't done so yet as I'm still working on getting everything else finished on the clubman. Clearing the ecu with a scanner will not get rid of the check light.

good luck with the build mate. It will be an awesome fun car with the f20 in it.

Cheers

Steve

The clubman will have a loose rear end when vtec hits mate.... it'll be a smoke machine :-). Unless you have 10 inch tyres on it ;-)

Doing research I have found that for most guys running single exit, cat back, three inch exhausts on s2k's are getting an ATW 15hp-20hp increase. The standatd exhausts are a terrible design.

Ive decided to run a straight through pipe on it now too. So should push it over 200kw at the flywheel

Where did you get the device steve? Found a bloke in the US that was building them but stopped 6 months back caus it wouldnt work on US cars with obd2 connection... ecus completely different apparently

This is the guy I bought it off. I'm pretty sure all S2000 run obd2.

http://www.izzeracing.com/Site/Honda_S2000_Air_Pump_Simulator.html

The clubman is a pretty light car and getting traction at the rear wheels will be an issue. I'll be running 9" wide wheels so that should help a bit.

• 4 weeks later...