Where Do I Find A Guide On Installing Ae71P.box Into Ke70

chrisfindlay

Members dont see this ad

Just try it, it's not even hard. Take your entire dash out to make your job easier, even the de-mister tube thingy.

The only hard part is drilling the hole for the master cylinder and the 2 extra studs. You just need to make a template out of carboard or something that aligns off the 6 studs at the back of the pedal box, mark where the extra wholes needs to be on the template, put the template up to the firewall and align the holes, then mark the extra holes you need to drill on the firewall. Then drill them.

Oh and drill out the spot welds on the clutch cable bell-mouth thingy where the clutch cable passes through the firewall, then pull it off, you won't be needing it and it get's in the way of the master cylinder reservoir.

Edited by rian
  • Upvote 1

theres a ke70 auto to manuel thread from one of the main guys on here, i used it as a guide for getting the thing out, then like rian said you need to drill the holes etc. Can i recommend using a sheet steel template, so you can line up the holes without any flex from cardboard etc (i did this my first time and my holes were slightly out.) oh and a good quality hole saw.

Oh and drill out the spot welds on the clutch cable bell-mouth thingy where the clutch cable passes through the firewall, then pull it off, you won't be needing it and it get's in the way of the master cylinder reservoir.

Then sell it on here to all the guys doing the auto to manual conversions!

• 5 weeks later...