Drift Panel Van Build

beachlander

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

Boring picture less update.

Due to other commitments and shit weather (the joys of not having a garage) progress on this has been slow/havent touched it in a month or so. Had a bit of trouble with the wiring to start off with, and lost a bit of motivation.

Picked up a radiator for it on friday, and was going to sort out mounting it today but my friend called a good mate of his and he came round, ripped the loom out and got stuck in. A shit load tidier now, but not quite finished.

Its now turning over, but has no spark. We think it may have something to do with the alarm that has been wired in in the old car, as it was spliced into the whole loom. But some progress is good progress..i think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, Saturday was Hori Dori.

After a ʞ©$ɟ around with getting a trailer ended up being quite late but that was sweet.

Found out i can't drive for shit, but will hopefully improve with more practice.

And the car handles like shit. Sooooo much axel tramp, but that was expected as i havent done anything to the rear suspension.

Couldn't hold a drift for more than a few seconds as the car just straightened out. Needs a shit load of work before the next drift day but i am picking up some reset leaves next week off this car

1427b_zps2730f4f7.jpeg

Although car didn't handle well and my driving is sub average, still had a blast and can't wait to get out there again after i have sorted a few things.

Car doesn't look a lot different from the first picture, as my wheels arent here yet.

But i bought myself an early christmas present

IMG_3507_zps71010f11.jpg

IMG_3509_zpsa32d8066.jpg

IMG_3510-1_zps986437ce.jpg

Guards are pretty rubbish condition, but i didn't pay a lot for them so can't complain.

Going to be buying a weld in coilover kit so suspension should be sorted by the next drift day.

Edited by beachlander