Different Ke70 Engine Conversion

MoNsTaR

hey guys,

Ive been thinking about doing a 1c turbo conversion for my ke70 for something different,

I figured i could probably pick one up fron nz for close to nothing or japan even,

I wanted to know what else would i need to do it, could i use the standard tank, what fuel pump do i need, things like that,

I'm an engine reco so messing with the engine is not any problem.

I'm keen to get this up and running, just would like some info before i jump in.

thank you

Members dont see this ad

the idea was to get the engine from NZ rather then japan, as my misses family are all kiwis it would be a more viable option.

i pretty much wanted to mess around with an engine that came in the *e7* that no one messes with, figured it would be goof for a laugh,

I'm still keen on the idea, just need more imput.

i guess if i can't have a 1c, any toyota diesel will do :P

• 2 weeks later...

The 1 C powered and rarely mentioned CE70 is a cool car. Its a shame we didn't get it here in Australia. Perhaps a nice mesh of old/new would be a 2c from a later CE9X corolla fitted to the ke70. Its not that bad an idea, they came with the superior supra W5X series gearbox from what I have seen and they share a bell housing pattern with an S engine, so if you get bored with the diesel you can fit a 3s or 5s to the car easy enough.

The front end panels were a bit different too at least on the wagons Ive seen.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

its a easy enough swap, i have a 1c laying outside, it has a w50 gearbox with a original C bellhousing, this engine is from a 1983 or so carina diesel.

u can use the same tank but u need a return line for the fuel and u need the 1c alternator with the vacuum pump for the brakebooster, but thats about it as far as i can remember. For gearbox i been told u can use the gearbox for the S engines, but i never tried this myself so i can't confirm this is true.

But be aware, the 1c's is a hella lazy engine, a 4k is like a ferrari compared to the 1c, of course it helps if u turbo it, but i don't think this engine will ever be a fun ride.

they run very economic tho, i been thinking about doing this swap myself, just for the economic reason.

If u first wanna do a swap like this, go for 2ct or 3ct, 2ct is supposed to be the better quality engine outa them two and it runs semi decent.

A very common swap in our part of the world. 2C-T was more popular. Those used to come from Liteace/Towance/Carina/Corona and the lot. T50 gearbox also works. For an even torque delivery, change the diff as well, otherwise standard diff also works fine on highways and straighter runs. Used to have one, check my nick :)

• 1 month later...