Any Msd Guru's That Can Help Me Out?

flat out

Hey guys, I have searched and can't find the info I'm chasing,

Basically I'm going to be running and engine some what like a 4age 20v with the distributer on the back of the head, to fit this into my ae71 I need to get a stand alone ignition system that uses a crank angle sensor,

My main question is,

Will a MSD 6AL do the job, will it run coil packs, can I run a knock sensor, will it even run the crank angle sensor,

The reason I'm trying to stay away from a full after market computer is its going to be carb'd and I'm looking for a more old school DIY tunable approach

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance, Casey

Members dont see this ad

contact MSD and ask them

my old 1g on the gas in the 70 used to run a mallory, it wasnt particularly tuneable but i think you can get an up market version which is more tunable, always made plenty of power for me though ;)

Massive spark too, with a lead off the electricity would ark across the whole engine in blue tendrils...

Aftermarket booster ignition boxes may provide a "better" spark but don't handle distribution to the cylinders.

Newer ones can have rev limiters and programmable ignition curves but at a cost.

Pickups - depends on output signal of pickup

They can only run a single coil

Doubt it can run a knock sensor to retard timing

Edited by styler

^Ah correction... Only thing is they seem to have set ignition curves and are not tunable but not a bad idea otherwise

either on a wasted spark or channel per coil setup. Damn $600ea plus the rest of the parts hmmmm thats close on ignition

only aftermarket ecu which is programmable though...

Edited by styler